Valuing Full-Service Restaurants
BVR's Webinar Series
The recording and transcript for this webinar are available to subscribers:
Already a subscriber? Login
Barbeque? Italian? Chinese? Along with a seemingly infinite variety of dining establishments there are an equally large number of complex questions surrounding full-service restaurant valuations. What are the key industry issues? How do full-service restaurants differ from quick service restaurants? What are the value drivers? Join expert Lynton Kotzin, managing partner of Kotzin Valuation Partners, LLC, as he shares his framework to answer these questions and addresses the unique nuances and considerations appraisers must consider when valuing a full-service restaurant.
- Overview of restaurant industry including current conditions and future outlook
- Differences between types of restaurants (quick service v. full service) and concept types and why the difference is important to the valuation analysis
- Financial analysis and industry benchmarking
- Average Unit Volume
- Revenue mix
- Day parts
- Same store sales trends
- Gross Margin
- EBITDA Margin
- Capital Expenditures
- Growth trends
- Normalization adjustments
- Non-recurring and extraordinary items
- Owner compensation and perquisites
- Rent adjustments
- Key value drivers in full-service restaurants
- Special issues/considerations in valuing full-service restaurants
- Proper application of the market approach
- Examples from transaction databases
- Income approach considerations
- Unique considerations and risk profile
- Reasonableness tests
- Case study analysis
- Explain the unique issues to consider when valuing a full service restaurant
- Understand normalization adjustments, financial analysis and industry benchmarking nuances in valuing full service restaurants
- Review a case study on valuing a full service restaurant
BVR's Training Packs are an indispensable addition to any valuation reference library. Use them as training tools as many times as you'd like, wherever you are: play them at your computer at work or home, in your car, or on your personal audio device.
Delivered as an electronic download approximately four weeks after the program has aired, each Training Pack includes:
- Recordings and transcripts of the presentation
- All presentation visual aids and handouts
- All ancillary reading materials suggested by our presenters
If you are ordering a Training Pack after the four week window, the download link will be sent to you immediately via email. Please check your spam folder and add firstname.lastname@example.org to your “safe list” to ensure you receive your Training Pack.
See BVR's complete list of available Training Packs from past webinars for more information.
BVR's Satisfaction Guarantee
Business Valuation Resources offers a 100% money-back guarantee on our training services. If you are not completely satisfied with your experience, or have any feedback, please contact Business Valuation Resources at 1-503-479-8200 or email@example.com.