Valuation Differences Between Emerging Market Companies and U.S. Companies: Corporate Valuation in Brazil, India, China and Other Developing Nations
BVR's Webinar Series
Thursday, August 6, 2015
10:00am-11:40am PT • 1:00pm-2:40pm ET
The recording and transcript for this webinar are available to subscribers:
Already a subscriber? Login
Emerging markets, such as China, India and Brazil are growing in economic influence on a global basis. Increased financial activity related to these markets necessitates a higher number of valuation assignments. Valuing an emerging market business involves a certain number of deviations from the standard approach followed in developed markets like the U.S. and Western Europe. In this webinar, Jeff Hooke will discuss the process of valuation in emerging markets and how it differs. He is the author of two valuation books dealing with the subject: “Security Analysis on Wall Street” (John Wiley, 2015, Second Edition) and the “Emerging Markets a Comprehensive Guide for Corporations, Lenders and Investors” (John Wiley, 2001).
- What is an emerging market?
- How do these economies differ from the U.S./Western Europe in business and financial attributes?
- What are the special risks in emerging markets?
- What are the unique benefits that investors perceive in many of such markets?
- The standard valuation approach in the U.S./Western Europe: A short review
- Modifying the standard approach for emerging markets assignments
- A brief case study
- Define an emerging market
- Describe the risks and benefits of investment there vs. a developed economy
- Adapt your knowledge of U.S. valuation practices to an emerging market assignment
BVR's Training Packs are an indispensable addition to any valuation reference library. Use them as training tools as many times as you'd like, wherever you are: play them at your computer at work or home, in your car, or on your personal audio device.
Delivered as an electronic download approximately four weeks after the program has aired, each Training Pack includes:
- Recordings and transcripts of the presentation
- All presentation visual aids and handouts
- All ancillary reading materials suggested by our presenters
If you are ordering a Training Pack after the four week window, the download link will be sent to you immediately via email. Please check your spam folder and add firstname.lastname@example.org to your “safe list” to ensure you receive your Training Pack.
See BVR's complete list of available Training Packs from past webinars for more information.
BVR's Satisfaction Guarantee
Business Valuation Resources offers a 100% money-back guarantee on our training services. If you are not completely satisfied with your experience, or have any feedback, please contact Business Valuation Resources at 1-503-479-8200 or email@example.com.