Valuation of Partnerships in a Dispute Context
BVR's Webinar Series
The recording and transcript for this webinar are available to subscribers:
Already a subscriber? Login
Commonly, business partnerships are casually formed without formal documentation. They are then often casually managed and progress to a financial dispute. A business appraiser is then called on to provide the partners with “a number” to facilitate the exit of a partner. However, this valuation process is often clouded by unbalanced capital accounts, personal expenses, unrecorded services and unconventional partnership agreements. Traditional valuation theory does not provide a deep enough tool box to sort out a casually formed and operated partnership. Join Serena Morones to explore the most challenging partnership valuation issues and learn how to address them in a straightforward way.
- Accounting with capital accounts
- Accounting for partner services
- Identifying and adjusting personal expenses
- Expenses incurred by a partner on behalf of the partnership
- Fair value vs. fair market value
- Explain the accounting rules for partner capital accounts, and why capital accounts are important to the valuation conclusion
- Understand the unique accounting rules for partner compensation
- Explain how to address services exchanged for a partnership interest
- Understand the impact of statutory fair value on normalization adjustments
BVR's Training Packs are an indispensable addition to any valuation reference library. Use them as training tools as many times as you'd like, wherever you are: play them at your computer at work or home, in your car, or on your personal audio device.
Delivered as an electronic download approximately four weeks after the program has aired, each Training Pack includes:
- Recordings and transcripts of the presentation
- All presentation visual aids and handouts
- All ancillary reading materials suggested by our presenters
If you are ordering a Training Pack after the four week window, the download link will be sent to you immediately via email. Please check your spam folder and add firstname.lastname@example.org to your “safe list” to ensure you receive your Training Pack.
See BVR's complete list of available Training Packs from past webinars for more information.
BVR's Satisfaction Guarantee
Business Valuation Resources offers a 100% money-back guarantee on our training services. If you are not completely satisfied with your experience, or have any feedback, please contact Business Valuation Resources at 1-503-479-8200 or email@example.com.