Intangible Asset Valuation for Property Tax Compliance and Appeal Purposes
Part 1 of BVR's 2015 Special Series on Intellectual Property
The recording and transcript for this webinar are available to subscribers:
Already a subscriber? Login
Many business appraisers currently use their intangible asset valuation expertise for fair value accounting, income tax, gift and estate tax, and similar engagements. This webinar will describe how BV analysts can use this same expertise to expand their intangible asset valuation practices by assisting industrial and commercial taxpayers with property tax compliance, appeal, and litigation services.
- What is—and what is not—an intangible asset
- Typical examples of intangible assets and intellectual property
- Common reasons to value intangible assets
- Intangible asset property taxation considerations
- Generally accepted intangible asset valuation approaches and methods
- Methods for intangible asset extraction from the total property value
- Intangible asset valuation illustrative examples
- Intangible asset extraction illustrative examples
- Summary and conclusion
- Identify the types of industrial and commercial taxpayers that may reduce their state and local property tax expense as a result of an intangible asset valuation
- Identify when and how and what type of intangible assets are exempt from property tax in a particular taxing jurisdiction
- Identify the types of intangible assets that are included in the taxpayer’s total property value
- Value the exempt intangible assets through the application of generally accepted intangible asset valuation approaches and methods
- Extract the value of the exempt intangible assets from the taxpayer’s total property value
- Defend the exempt intangible asset valuation during a property tax appeal or other contrarian review
BVR's Training Packs are an indispensable addition to any valuation reference library. Use them as training tools as many times as you'd like, wherever you are: play them at your computer at work or home, in your car, or on your personal audio device.
Delivered as an electronic download approximately four weeks after the program has aired, each Training Pack includes:
- Recordings and transcripts of the presentation
- All presentation visual aids and handouts
- All ancillary reading materials suggested by our presenters
If you are ordering a Training Pack after the four week window, the download link will be sent to you immediately via email. Please check your spam folder and add email@example.com to your “safe list” to ensure you receive your Training Pack.
See BVR's complete list of available Training Packs from past webinars for more information.
BVR's Satisfaction Guarantee
Business Valuation Resources offers a 100% money-back guarantee on our training services. If you are not completely satisfied with your experience, or have any feedback, please contact Business Valuation Resources at 1-503-479-8200 or firstname.lastname@example.org.