Divorce and IP: Are Patent Rights, Copyrights, and Trademarks Still Tied Up After the Knot Gets Untied?
Part 2 of BVR's 2015 Special Series on Intellectual Property
Thursday, May 28, 2015
10:00am-11:40am PT • 1:00pm-2:40pm ET
The recording and transcript for this webinar are available to subscribers:
Already a subscriber? Login
BVR welcomes valuation expert Neil J. Beaton and attorney Thomas W. Wolfrum for an examination of how intellectual properties are valued in marital dissolution cases. This presentation confronts the unique challenges posed by combining the valuation of these intangible assets, and addresses the nuances and pitfalls of doing so for the purpose of dividing them among two parties. It covers the types of intellectual properties and intangible assets appraisers are likely to see in family law matters, and addresses how these assets should be analyzed, quantified, and divided. A review of recent case law reveals what courts have said about the assessment and division of these assets.
- Discuss common problems with IP and divorce
- Discuss IP types and common terminology
- Overview of IP valuation methods and alternatives
- Highlight important guidance from key case law
- Discuss strategies for obtaining necessary data in divorce proceeding
- Learn which intellectual properties and intangible assets may be valued in marital dissolution cases
- Learn the techniques by which these assets should be valued in family law matters
- Learn what courts have said about the methods by which these assets are assessed and quantified
- Learn how these assets are divided and what impact this may have on the valuation process
BVR's Training Packs are an indispensable addition to any valuation reference library. Use them as training tools as many times as you'd like, wherever you are: play them at your computer at work or home, in your car, or on your personal audio device.
Delivered as an electronic download approximately four weeks after the program has aired, each Training Pack includes:
- Recordings and transcripts of the presentation
- All presentation visual aids and handouts
- All ancillary reading materials suggested by our presenters
If you are ordering a Training Pack after the four week window, the download link will be sent to you immediately via email. Please check your spam folder and add email@example.com to your “safe list” to ensure you receive your Training Pack.
See BVR's complete list of available Training Packs from past webinars for more information.
BVR's Satisfaction Guarantee
Business Valuation Resources offers a 100% money-back guarantee on our training services. If you are not completely satisfied with your experience, or have any feedback, please contact Business Valuation Resources at 1-503-479-8200 or firstname.lastname@example.org.