To Err is Human: Avoiding Common Valuation Mistakes
BVR's Webinar Series
Thursday, April 23, 2015
10:00am-11:40am PT • 1:00pm-2:40pm ET
The recording and transcript for this webinar are available to subscribers:
Already a subscriber? Login
If we could turn back time…who among us hasn’t experienced the gut-churning feeling of finding a mistake after a report has been released? Or even worse, had someone else find the mistake? This useful session will explore some of the most common and most often overlooked errors when determining the value of a closely-held business. Among them:
- Inconsistent assumptions between approaches
- Misunderstanding the information provided by guideline company databases
- Failure to make appropriate adjustments to the subject company’s financial information
Valuation professionals will want to attend this informative webinar to help to “bullet-proof” their appraisals.
- Valuation Pyramid
- Market Approach
- Reviewing the Data: What We Know and What We Don’t Know
- Errors in Data
- Income Approach
- Cost of Capital
- Economic Benefit
- Time Period
- Asset Approach
- Learn to maximize internal consistency, reasonableness of conclusions, and awareness of “landmines,” and credibility.
- Insight on how to minimize errors and exposure
BVR's Training Packs are an indispensable addition to any valuation reference library. Use them as training tools as many times as you'd like, wherever you are: play them at your computer at work or home, in your car, or on your personal audio device.
Delivered as an electronic download approximately four weeks after the program has aired, each Training Pack includes:
- Recordings and transcripts of the presentation
- All presentation visual aids and handouts
- All ancillary reading materials suggested by our presenters
If you are ordering a Training Pack after the four week window, the download link will be sent to you immediately via email. Please check your spam folder and add firstname.lastname@example.org to your “safe list” to ensure you receive your Training Pack.
See BVR's complete list of available Training Packs from past webinars for more information.
BVR's Satisfaction Guarantee
Business Valuation Resources offers a 100% money-back guarantee on our training services. If you are not completely satisfied with your experience, or have any feedback, please contact Business Valuation Resources at 1-503-479-8200 or email@example.com.