Monte Carlo Simulations for Distressed Companies
Part 3 of BVR's 2015 Special Series on Financial Modeling
Tuesday, March 3, 2015
10:00am-11:40am PT • 1:00pm-2:40pm ET
The recording and transcript for this webinar are available to subscribers:
Already a subscriber? Login
Valuing distressed companies presents obstacles not encountered when valuing the normal operating company. The valuation analyst needs to identify and take these obstacles into account in performing a valuation of a distressed company. Even when that is done, however, there are uncertainties about the ultimate fate of the distressed company that are difficult to take into account. That is where the Monte Carlo simulation comes in. Join Jim Alerding, valuation expert with Alerding Consulting, LLC and Matt Bernstein, valuation expert and Monte Carlo simulation expert with Dixon Hughes Goodman, LLP as they discuss not only how to value a distressed company, but how to use the Monte Carlo simulation to further define the solutions to such a valuation to refine the valuation conclusion.
- Outline of the specific issues regarding valuing a distressed company
- The traditional method of valuing a distressed company
- Inputs for the Monte Carlo simulation on a distressed company
- Methodology for the Monte Carlo simulation on a distressed company
- Demonstration of the Monte Carlo simulation on a distressed company
- Learn the issues involved in the valuation of a distressed company
- Receive a demonstration of a traditional method of determining the value of a distressed company
- Learn the inputs and methodology for using a Monte Carlo simulation in valuing a distressed company
- Learn to utilize Monte Carlo simulations to determine the value of a distressed company
BVR's Training Packs are an indispensable addition to any valuation reference library. Use them as training tools as many times as you'd like, wherever you are: play them at your computer at work or home, in your car, or on your personal audio device.
Delivered as an electronic download approximately four weeks after the program has aired, each Training Pack includes:
- Recordings and transcripts of the presentation
- All presentation visual aids and handouts
- All ancillary reading materials suggested by our presenters
If you are ordering a Training Pack after the four week window, the download link will be sent to you immediately via email. Please check your spam folder and add firstname.lastname@example.org to your “safe list” to ensure you receive your Training Pack.
See BVR's complete list of available Training Packs from past webinars for more information.
BVR's Satisfaction Guarantee
Business Valuation Resources offers a 100% money-back guarantee on our training services. If you are not completely satisfied with your experience, or have any feedback, please contact Business Valuation Resources at 1-503-479-8200 or email@example.com.