Industry Risk Premiums: How Do We Get There?
BVR's Webinar Series
The recording and transcript for this webinar are available to subscribers:
Already a subscriber? Login
The industry risk premium (IRP) is an integral part of the cost of capital in both the CAPM and in the BUM methods. In the CAPM, it is encapsulated in the beta and in the BUM, it is determined by other methods, including the use of the Duff & Phelps Industry Risk Premiums included in their annual Valuation Handbook—Guide to Cost of Capital. What do you really know about the IRP and what it does or does not mean to your cost of capital and your ultimate value solution? Join Jim Alerding, valuation expert, for this webinar exploring the arcane world of IRPs, how they are determined and what they mean to you, the valuation analyst, as you determine your cost of capital. Are they valid as determined by using either the CAPM (beta) or the BUM (IRP tables from Duff & Phelps)? If not, what can the analyst do to determine the industry risk for inclusion in their cost of capital.
- Defining the industry risk premium (IRP)
- The Duff & Phelps IRP
- CAPM and IRP
- Using Duff & Phelps IRPs
- Valuation Handbook - Industry Cost of Capital
- Developing a reasonable IRP
- Analysis of IRP
- Learn the definition of the industry risk premium (IRP) and its role in the development of a cost of capital in a valuation
- Learn the development and use of the IRP in the Valuation Handbook - Guide to Cost of Capital
- Learn the pros and cons of the Duff & Phelps IRP
- Learn of other methods and sources for developing an IRP for use with the BUM Method
BVR's Training Packs are an indispensable addition to any valuation reference library. Use them as training tools as many times as you'd like, wherever you are: play them at your computer at work or home, in your car, or on your personal audio device.
Delivered as an electronic download approximately four weeks after the program has aired, each Training Pack includes:
- Recordings and transcripts of the presentation
- All presentation visual aids and handouts
- All ancillary reading materials suggested by our presenters
If you are ordering a Training Pack after the four week window, the download link will be sent to you immediately via email. Please check your spam folder and add firstname.lastname@example.org to your “safe list” to ensure you receive your Training Pack.
See BVR's complete list of available Training Packs from past webinars for more information.
BVR's Satisfaction Guarantee
Business Valuation Resources offers a 100% money-back guarantee on our training services. If you are not completely satisfied with your experience, or have any feedback, please contact Business Valuation Resources at 1-503-479-8200 or email@example.com.