Tax Issues Arising in Valuations
Part 4 of BVR's 2015 Special Series on Estate and Gift Valuations
Tuesday, April 28, 2015
10:00am-11:40am PT • 1:00pm-2:40pm ET
The recording and transcript for this webinar are available to subscribers:
Already a subscriber? Login
Many business appraisers prepare opinions of value and corresponding reports for gift and estate tax filings. Tax issues surrounding applicable tax rates, corporate structure, and specific interest factors (control vs. minority, type of security) provide fertile ground for assumptions that may be subject to attack, in valuations that may have material impacts on the concluded value. This webinar offers practical, hands-on advice for the gift and estate valuation professional encountering these issues.
- Rates and jurisdictions
- Depreciation and amortization assumptions
- Net operating loss carryforwards
- Current concepts for dealing with pass through entities
- Built-in capital gains
- Interest-specific factors
- Identify areas in a valuation where taxes may impact concluded value
- Learn why tax expense and tax attributes of assets affect the values of firms
- Compute the effect of tax issues on values with adjustments to net income, rate of return and unrecorded tax liabilities
- Distinguish alternative circumstances and alternative methodologies for dealing with tax issues, which may have different valuation impacts
- Recognize jurisdictional facts and assumptions that may cause tax effects on values to vary
BVR's Training Packs are an indispensable addition to any valuation reference library. Use them as training tools as many times as you'd like, wherever you are: play them at your computer at work or home, in your car, or on your personal audio device.
Delivered as an electronic download approximately four weeks after the program has aired, each Training Pack includes:
- Recordings and transcripts of the presentation
- All presentation visual aids and handouts
- All ancillary reading materials suggested by our presenters
If you are ordering a Training Pack after the four week window, the download link will be sent to you immediately via email. Please check your spam folder and add email@example.com to your “safe list” to ensure you receive your Training Pack.
See BVR's complete list of available Training Packs from past webinars for more information.
BVR's Satisfaction Guarantee
Business Valuation Resources offers a 100% money-back guarantee on our training services. If you are not completely satisfied with your experience, or have any feedback, please contact Business Valuation Resources at 1-503-479-8200 or firstname.lastname@example.org.