Why Your Multiple May Be Wrong: Forgotten Statistical Concepts and Their Invaluable Application
BVR's Webinar Series
Wednesday, November 19, 2014
10:00am-11:40am PT • 1:00pm-2:40pm ET
The recording and transcript for this webinar are available to subscribers:
Already a subscriber? Login
Purchase the Training Pack ($179.00) to get the recording, transcript, and presentation materials for this webinar in a single download. Please allow up to 30 days after the webinar for the Training Pack to be available.
In the November, 2014 issue of Business Valuation Update™, Robert Dohmeyer and Herbert Kierulff posited that "many appraisers have missed the statistical and causal subtleties inherent in both luck and skill, adhering to conventional wisdom that says 'companies with superior margins deserve a premium multiple.'"
In this live presentation of this and a subsequent article on the proper implementation of mean, median, and harmonic mean, Dohmeyer and Kierulff address how the nuances of statistical methods and measures are being overlooked at the expense of a sound and defensible conclusion of value.
- Statistical data errors and irregularities
- Mean, median, harmonic mean: are they biased?
- The low bias of the harmonic mean
- The case for the median
- Advanced central tendency
- Statistical irregularity in reversion to the mean
- Statistical error: Bias in the nature of the population
- Major implication for income approach
- Identify errors inherent in the use and application of basic statistical methods
- Define how these errors affect valuations and values
- Associate the implications of statistical selection and use errors with common business and valuation assumptions
- Define how to best prepare for, avoid, or account for errors inherent in these statistical methods
BVR's Training Packs are an indispensable addition to any valuation reference library. Use them as training tools as many times as you'd like, wherever you are: play them at your computer at work or home, in your car, or on your personal audio device.
Delivered as an electronic download approximately four weeks after the program has aired, each Training Pack includes:
- Recordings and transcripts of the presentation
- All presentation visual aids and handouts
- All ancillary reading materials suggested by our presenters
If you are ordering a Training Pack after the four week window, the download link will be sent to you immediately via email. Please check your spam folder and add firstname.lastname@example.org to your “safe list” to ensure you receive your Training Pack.
See BVR's complete list of available Training Packs from past webinars for more information.
BVR's Satisfaction Guarantee
Business Valuation Resources offers a 100% money-back guarantee on our training services. If you are not completely satisfied with your experience, or have any feedback, please contact Business Valuation Resources at 1-503-479-8200 or email@example.com.