Private Business Appraisal Opportunities with Private Equity Portfolio Companies
Part 3 of BVR's Advanced Webinar Series on Valuations for Business Transactions
Wednesday, July 23, 2014
10:00am-11:40am PT • 1:00pm-2:40pm ET
The recording and transcript for this webinar are available to subscribers:
Already a subscriber? Login
Purchase the Training Pack ($179.00) to get the recording, transcript, and presentation materials for this webinar in a single download. Please allow up to 30 days after the webinar for the Training Pack to be available.
Beyond the initial purchase price allocation analysis, the acquisition of a business by a private-equity group provides many opportunities to private business appraisers. In part three of Advanced Webinar Series on Valuations for Business Transactions expert Summer Parrish discusses the many intersections of private business appraisal and private-equity portfolio companies, including the valuation of share-based compensation granted to management in connection with a private-equity transaction, and assignments related to financial reporting requirements. Her presentation will also cover proper implementation of option-pricing models, Monte Carlo simulations, and other techniques that can be utilized for these valuation assignments.
- Private equity events and transactions
- Valuation of share-based compensation
- Valuation opportunities within financial reporting requirements
- The bifurcation of conversion value and equity value for preferred stock
- Establishing the fair value of a residual minority position when only a controlling position was taken
- Valuation of preferred warrants given to debt-holders
- Methods and techniques
- Option pricing models
- Monte Carlo simulations
- Identify the stages of private-equity transactions where private business appraisals are necessary
- Define the requirements of private business appraisal assignments for private equity portfolio companies
- Apply valuation and analytical methodologies to private equity valuation assignments
- Identify the proper implementation and limitations of standard valuation techniques
BVR's Training Packs are an indispensable addition to any valuation reference library. Use them as training tools as many times as you'd like, wherever you are: play them at your computer at work or home, in your car, or on your personal audio device.
Delivered as an electronic download approximately four weeks after the program has aired, each Training Pack includes:
- Recordings and transcripts of the presentation
- All presentation visual aids and handouts
- All ancillary reading materials suggested by our presenters
If you are ordering a Training Pack after the four week window, the download link will be sent to you immediately via email. Please check your spam folder and add email@example.com to your “safe list” to ensure you receive your Training Pack.
See BVR's complete list of available Training Packs from past webinars for more information.
BVR's Satisfaction Guarantee
Business Valuation Resources offers a 100% money-back guarantee on our training services. If you are not completely satisfied with your experience, or have any feedback, please contact Business Valuation Resources at 1-503-479-8200 or firstname.lastname@example.org.