Price and Value: Discerning the Difference, an Advanced Workshop
BVR's Interactive Web Workshops
Wednesday, September 10, 2014
10:00am-1:00pm PT • 1:00pm-4:00pm ET
The recording and transcript for this webinar are available to subscribers:
Already a subscriber? Login
As any appraiser will tell you, there is a fundamental difference between price and value, often highlighted by the sale of a recently-appraised business at a price far from the assessed value. In this case, the gap between price and value may be of small consequence; in the assessment of underlying assets, market comparables, and with appraiser bias, this gap can jeopardize even the most reasoned and objective determinations of value.
In "Price and Value: Discerning the Difference, an Advanced Web Workshop" Dr. Aswath Damodaran joins BVR for a thorough examination of the differences between price and value, their determinations, and, ultimately, the consequences of feedback between these two concepts. Following his presentation, Damodaran, one of the most insightful and sought-after voices in valuation, will host a live Q&A session.
Click here to download "Damodaran Discusses Value Versus Price and His View of the BV World," from the September, 2014 issue of Business Valuation Update™ and a free preview of the slides from this workshop. (Login required.)
For this special event, BVR is offering limited, exclusive access to participate live in New York. Attend the presentation in person, meet the presenter, and enjoy many other benefits. For more information or to reserve your space today, contact BVR: email@example.com; (503) 291-7963, ext. 2.
- 12:00pm-1:00pm ET: Pre-workshop luncheon with Dr. Damodaran (live attendees only)
- 1:00pm-4:00pm ET/10:00am-1:00pm PT
- Price versus value: the set up
- Intrinsic valuation: cash flows, growth & risk
- Determinants of value
- Young start-up example
- Risk & required return
- Changes for young companies and market crises
- Pricing: it’s demand and supply
- Determinants of price
- Tools for pricing
- Suggestions to be a better pricer
- Price or value: what should you do?
- Pure pricers
- Pure valuers
- The gap
- 4:00pm-4:30pm ET: Extended Q&A session (live attendees only)
- Define the differences in objectives, strategies and methodologies in determining price versus value
- Identify the drivers of price and value
- Learn how the scope of work changes when determining price or value
- Learn how to improve estimations of intrinsic value and price
- Learn how to manage the "gap" between price and value and its implications for their respective determinations
BVR's Training Packs are an indispensable addition to any valuation reference library. Use them as training tools as many times as you'd like, wherever you are: play them at your computer at work or home, in your car, or on your personal audio device.
Delivered as an electronic download approximately four weeks after the program has aired, each Training Pack includes:
- Recordings and transcripts of the presentation
- All presentation visual aids and handouts
- All ancillary reading materials suggested by our presenters
If you are ordering a Training Pack after the four week window, the download link will be sent to you immediately via email. Please check your spam folder and add firstname.lastname@example.org to your “safe list” to ensure you receive your Training Pack.
See BVR's complete list of available Training Packs from past webinars for more information.