Valuing Voting v. Non-Voting Stock
BVR's Webinar Series
The recording and transcript for this webinar are available to subscribers:
Already a subscriber? Login
The valuation of voting and non-voting shares would, like many valuation assignments, appear to be a simple consideration between two variations of the same structure. Like many valuation assignments, the truth is much more complex, requiring greater scrutiny of both objective and subjective considerations to arrive at a sound conclusion of value. In "Valuing Voting v. Non-Voting Stock," Ronald Rudich examines how these two types of stock differ and what this implies for the valuation process. From simple mathematical relationships to the subjective choices an appraiser must make and the consequences of those decisions, Rudich will show that there's much to consider when facing this valuation assignment.
- The beginning: when to calculate voting and non-voting share value
- Restrictions to consider
- Typical mistakes
- Case studies
- Adjusting the voting premium
- Reconciling values
- Define the reasons for different values for Voting and Non-Voting shares of stock
- Learn how the DLOC and DLOM relates to their values
- Learn what conclusion value is utilized as the basis for determining the Voting and Non-Voting individual values
- Learn how the different amounts of Voting shares and Non-Voting shares have a direct relationship to the ultimate value for each share
- Learn the nuances of how to obtain the iterative multiplier to obtain the desired percentage differential
- Learn why the resultant factor cannot exceed a specific desired percentage
BVR's Training Packs are an indispensable addition to any valuation reference library. Use them as training tools as many times as you'd like, wherever you are: play them at your computer at work or home, in your car, or on your personal audio device.
Delivered as an electronic download approximately four weeks after the program has aired, each Training Pack includes:
- Recordings and transcripts of the presentation
- All presentation visual aids and handouts
- All ancillary reading materials suggested by our presenters
If you are ordering a Training Pack after the four week window, the download link will be sent to you immediately via email. Please check your spam folder and add firstname.lastname@example.org to your “safe list” to ensure you receive your Training Pack.
See BVR's complete list of available Training Packs from past webinars for more information.