Advanced Workshop on Monte Carlo Simulations: Applications & Examples
BVR's Interactive Web Workshops
Thursday, June 12, 2014
10:00am-2:00pm PT • 1:00pm-5:00pm ET
The recording and transcript for this webinar are available to subscribers:
Already a subscriber? Login
In the ongoing search for simple, easy-to-explain valuation methods, many appraisers have given wide berth to Monte Carlo simulations, fearing their perceived complexity and unsure of their proper implementation. In doing so, valuable insights and metrics are being ignored, potentially at the peril of the appraiser.
The "Advanced Workshop on Monte Carlo Simulations" tackles these misperceptions and misapprehensions head on in an intensive, four-hour interactive presentation. Through four case studies, experts David Dufendach, Randy Heng, and Oksana Westerbeke show how to properly utilize Monte Carlo simulations when valuing warrants whose underlying assets are common stock or enterprise value, and when valuing a business opportunity for a buyout/restructuring or in an IPR&D project. From start to finish, Dufendach, Heng, and Westerbeke will lead attendees through how to put Monte Carlo simulations to use in this can't-miss presentation.
- Introduction to Monte Carlo Simulations
- When Monte Carlo simulations may be appropriate
- Why Monte Carlo simulations may be appropriate
- Case Studies
- Valuation of a derivative: valuation of a warrant with anti-dilution features from two different perspectives:
- A simulation in which the underlying asset is the common stock of the issuing company
- A simulation in which the underlying asset is the enterprise value of the issuing company
- Valuation of a business opportunity
- A simulation of a leveraged buyout/restructuring, in which the primary variable of interest is the capital structure
- A simulation of an IPR&D project, in which the variable of interest is the technological risk
- Conclusion and Q&A
- Learn how and when to use Monte Carlo simulations
- Learn how to apply Monte Carlo simulations when valuing derivatives under a variety of circumstances
- Learn how to apply Monte Carlo simulations when valuing business opportunities under a variety of circumstances
- Define the best uses and applications of Monte Carlo simulations as well as how they can be utilized for your current projects
BVR's Training Packs are an indispensable addition to any valuation reference library. Use them as training tools as many times as you'd like, wherever you are: play them at your computer at work or home, in your car, or on your personal audio device.
Delivered as an electronic download approximately four weeks after the program has aired, each Training Pack includes:
- Recordings and transcripts of the presentation
- All presentation visual aids and handouts
- All ancillary reading materials suggested by our presenters
If you are ordering a Training Pack after the four week window, the download link will be sent to you immediately via email. Please check your spam folder and add email@example.com to your “safe list” to ensure you receive your Training Pack.
See BVR's complete list of available Training Packs from past webinars for more information.
BVR's Satisfaction Guarantee
Business Valuation Resources offers a 100% money-back guarantee on our training services. If you are not completely satisfied with your experience, or have any feedback, please contact Business Valuation Resources at 1-503-479-8200 or firstname.lastname@example.org.