Valuing Ancillary Medical Services for Carve Out Purposes
Part 5 of BVR's 2014 Online Symposium on Healthcare Valuation
The recording and transcript for this webinar are available to subscribers:
Already a subscriber? Login
As the healthcare market continues its shift towards greater physician practice consolidation, a sub-trend has also emerged of ancillary services being bought and sold under a variety of configurations. One such agreement, a so-called "carve-out," sells the ancillary business, leaving the remainder of the practice independent and free-standing. As with any healthcare valuation, the appraisal of ancillary services for carve-out purposes are fraught with peril, including considerations of Stark and AKS compliance, standards of value, and limited or overlapping financial information.
In Part 5 of BVR's Online Symposium on Healthcare Valuation, expert Jason Ruchaber examines how this important and challenging piece of healthcare appraisal can be effectively performed. Join him to learn how to best determine a defensible conclusion of value while navigating the minefield of regulatory and operational challenges these businesses pose.
- Healthcare Industry Overview
- Legal and Regulatory Environment
- Key Attributes of Physician Practices and Ancillary Services
- Valuation of Ancillary Services
- Basic Example
- Identify how recent and ongoing trends in healthcare are driving carve-out transactions involving ancillary services
- Define which healthcare regulations govern these transactions and the valuations they entail
- Learn which professional standards govern the valuation of ancillary services
- Learn how to value ancillary medical services for carve-out purposes
BVR's Training Packs are an indispensable addition to any valuation reference library. Use them as training tools as many times as you'd like, wherever you are: play them at your computer at work or home, in your car, or on your personal audio device.
Delivered as an electronic download approximately four weeks after the program has aired, each Training Pack includes:
- Recordings and transcripts of the presentation
- All presentation visual aids and handouts
- All ancillary reading materials suggested by our presenters
If you are ordering a Training Pack after the four week window, the download link will be sent to you immediately via email. Please check your spam folder and add email@example.com to your “safe list” to ensure you receive your Training Pack.
See BVR's complete list of available Training Packs from past webinars for more information.
BVR's Satisfaction Guarantee
Business Valuation Resources offers a 100% money-back guarantee on our training services. If you are not completely satisfied with your experience, or have any feedback, please contact Business Valuation Resources at 1-503-479-8200 or firstname.lastname@example.org.