Misapplications of Standard Valuation Methods in Valuing Physician Practices
Part 9 of BVR's 2014 Online Symposium on Healthcare Valuation
Tuesday, September 30, 2014
10:00am-11:40am PT • 1:00pm-2:40pm ET
The recording and transcript for this webinar are available to subscribers:
Already a subscriber? Login
In the pantheon of business appraisal subjects, physician practices stand alone. The subject of intense regulatory scrutiny, rapid economic change, and operational peculiarities, these businesses are ripe for valuation – and valuation errors. According to valuation expert Tim Smith, in applying standard valuation methods to physician practices, many appraisers are misrepresenting the economics of value in this industry and ignoring key adjustments and recalibrations that would ensure an accurate determination of value. Join Smith in Part 9 of BVR's 2014 Online Symposium on Healthcare Valuation to learn more.
- Physician Practice Economics 101
- Misapplications under the Income Approach
- Misapplications under the Asset-Based Approach
- Misapplications under the Market Approach
- Identify common mistakes in applying traditional valuation approaches to physician practices
- Define the characteristics of physician practices that make them ripe for valuation error
- Associate basic valuation techniques with proper physician practice valuation approaches
- Identify best practices in valuing physician practices
BVR's Training Packs are an indispensable addition to any valuation reference library. Use them as training tools as many times as you'd like, wherever you are: play them at your computer at work or home, in your car, or on your personal audio device.
Delivered as an electronic download approximately four weeks after the program has aired, each Training Pack includes:
- Recordings and transcripts of the presentation
- All presentation visual aids and handouts
- All ancillary reading materials suggested by our presenters
If you are ordering a Training Pack after the four week window, the download link will be sent to you immediately via email. Please check your spam folder and add firstname.lastname@example.org to your “safe list” to ensure you receive your Training Pack.
See BVR's complete list of available Training Packs from past webinars for more information.
BVR's Satisfaction Guarantee
Business Valuation Resources offers a 100% money-back guarantee on our training services. If you are not completely satisfied with your experience, or have any feedback, please contact Business Valuation Resources at 1-503-479-8200 or email@example.com.