The Market Participant Acquisition Premium
Part 10 of BVR's 2014 Online Symposium on Fair Value Measurement
Thursday, October 16, 2014
10:00am-11:40am PT • 1:00pm-2:40pm ET
The recording and transcript for this webinar are available to subscribers:
Already a subscriber? Login
In April, 2013 the Appraisal Foundation introduced a new term to the business valuation vernacular, the Market Participant Acquisition Premium ("MPAP"). Created to "emphasize the importance of the market participant perspective when measuring fair value, and to distinguish this premium from the more general (and occasionally controversial) notion of the control premium," the MPAP includes considerations for risk, goodwill, and other valuation staples.
Part 10 of BVR's 2014 Online Symposium on Fair Value Measurement features expert Travis Harms, a member of the working group whose discussion draft generated the term MPAP, on the creation of this new concept, its implementation, and its utilization.
- Why focus on control premiums?
- Diversity of practice
- An overview of the Appraisal Foundation's 3rd Working Group Efforts
- Define the market participant acquisition premium (MPAP)
- Identify the reasoning behind introducing the MPAP and how it differs from traditional control premium principals
- Associate quantitative methodologies with MPAP determinations
- Identify the process by which MPAP was defined and created
BVR's Training Packs are an indispensable addition to any valuation reference library. Use them as training tools as many times as you'd like, wherever you are: play them at your computer at work or home, in your car, or on your personal audio device.
Delivered as an electronic download approximately four weeks after the program has aired, each Training Pack includes:
- Recordings and transcripts of the presentation
- All presentation visual aids and handouts
- All ancillary reading materials suggested by our presenters
If you are ordering a Training Pack after the four week window, the download link will be sent to you immediately via email. Please check your spam folder and add firstname.lastname@example.org to your “safe list” to ensure you receive your Training Pack.
See BVR's complete list of available Training Packs from past webinars for more information.
BVR's Satisfaction Guarantee
Business Valuation Resources offers a 100% money-back guarantee on our training services. If you are not completely satisfied with your experience, or have any feedback, please contact Business Valuation Resources at 1-503-479-8200 or email@example.com.