Using the Distributor Method to Value Customer Relationships
Part 5 of BVR's 2014 Online Symposium on Fair Value Measurement
Tuesday, May 6, 2014
10:00am-11:40am PT • 1:00pm-2:40pm ET
The recording and transcript for this webinar are available to subscribers:
Already a subscriber? Login
While the relief from royalty method and multi-period excess earnings method are effective tools for valuing intangible assets such as customer relationships, they rely on market data that can be both highly subjective and of poor comparable value to the subject company. As an alternative, the distributor method provides appraisers with a market-based proxy for use in valuing customer relationships. In part 5 of BVR's Online Symposium on Fair Value Measurement, experts P.J. Patel and Edward Hamilton explore the strengths and weaknesses of customer relationship valuation methodologies, and how the distributor method can assist in decreasing subjectivity in this process.
- Introduction: Why the distributor method
- Case study
- Calculation discussion
- Acceptance of the method
- Learn when and how the distributor method may be appropriate option in valuing customer relationships
- Learn how to properly apply the distributor method to customer relationship valuations
- Learn other situations in which the distributor method may be applied
- Learn where the distributor method sits in the cannon of business valuation thought, and how its application and acceptance are evolving
BVR's Training Packs are an indispensable addition to any valuation reference library. Use them as training tools as many times as you'd like, wherever you are: play them at your computer at work or home, in your car, or on your personal audio device.
Delivered as an electronic download approximately four weeks after the program has aired, each Training Pack includes:
- Recordings and transcripts of the presentation
- All presentation visual aids and handouts
- All ancillary reading materials suggested by our presenters
If you are ordering a Training Pack after the four week window, the download link will be sent to you immediately via email. Please check your spam folder and add email@example.com to your “safe list” to ensure you receive your Training Pack.
See BVR's complete list of available Training Packs from past webinars for more information.
BVR's Satisfaction Guarantee
Business Valuation Resources offers a 100% money-back guarantee on our training services. If you are not completely satisfied with your experience, or have any feedback, please contact Business Valuation Resources at 1-503-479-8200 or firstname.lastname@example.org.