Challenges in Measuring the Fair Value of Intangible Assets
Part 3 of BVR's 2014 Online Symposium on Fair Value Measurement
Tuesday, March 4, 2014
10:00am-11:40am PT • 1:00pm-2:40pm ET
The recording and transcript for this webinar are available to subscribers:
Already a subscriber? Login
If fair value reporting contains a knot of complex issues, they are perhaps nowhere more complex than in the area of intangible asset valuation. Though ASCs 820, 805, and 350 all have something to say about intangible asset valuation, they jointly cover a wide range of assets and valuation settings. From identification through valuation, expert Robert Reilly will cover what every appraiser should know when tackling a valuation of an intangible asset for fair value purposes. Join him in "Challenges in Measuring the Fair Value of Intangible Assets," part 3 of BVR's 2014 Online Symposium on Fair Value Measurement.
- Relevant GAAP provisions related to fair value accounting
- Identifiable intangible assets under GAAP
- Intangible attributes and influences
- Standard of value and premise of value issues
- Generally accepted valuation approaches and methods
- Valuation synthesis and conclusion procedures
- Valuation analyst due diligence procedures
- Reporting and defending the value conclusions
- Cost approach illustrative example
- Market approach illustrative example
- Income approach illustrative example
- Summary and conclusion
- Learn what fair value standards and guidelines say about the valuation of intangible assets
- Learn how to value intangible assets for purposes of fair value measurement
- Learn which intangible assets are covered under fair value standards and how these standards apply to each type of asset
- Learn to present and defend intangible asset valuations performed for fair value purposes
BVR's Training Packs are an indispensable addition to any valuation reference library. Use them as training tools as many times as you'd like, wherever you are: play them at your computer at work or home, in your car, or on your personal audio device.
Delivered as an electronic download approximately four weeks after the program has aired, each Training Pack includes:
- Recordings and transcripts of the presentation
- All presentation visual aids and handouts
- All ancillary reading materials suggested by our presenters
If you are ordering a Training Pack after the four week window, the download link will be sent to you immediately via email. Please check your spam folder and add email@example.com to your “safe list” to ensure you receive your Training Pack.
See BVR's complete list of available Training Packs from past webinars for more information.
BVR's Satisfaction Guarantee
Business Valuation Resources offers a 100% money-back guarantee on our training services. If you are not completely satisfied with your experience, or have any feedback, please contact Business Valuation Resources at 1-503-479-8200 or firstname.lastname@example.org.