Overview of Fair Value Accounting (ASC topics 820, 805, 350 and 360)
Part 1 of BVR's 2014 Online Symposium on Fair Value Measurement
Tuesday, January 14, 2014
10:00am-11:40am PT • 1:00pm-2:40pm ET
The recording and transcript for this webinar are available to subscribers:
Already a subscriber? Login
Among the guidelines and accounting standards codifications (ASCs) issued by the Financial Accounting Standards Board (FASB), those pertaining fair value have been among its most impactful. Those standards, ASC 820, 805, 350, and 360, provide guidance to a range of activities performed by private business appraisers and other financial professionals.
In the first installment of BVR's 2014 Online Symposium on Fair Value Measurement, series curator Mark Zyla hosts an in-depth examination of these guidelines and the practical direction they provide for financial professionals, as they're interpreted today. Don't miss this opportunity to hear from the newest inductee to the AICPA Business Valuation Hall of Fame on the best practices for working in fair value measurement.
- History of Fair Value Measurements
- Review of ASC Topics 820, 805, 350, and 360
- FASB - Recent Activities
- SEC/PCAOB - Recent Activities
- Appraisal Organizations - Recent Activities
- Issues in Practice
- Future of Fair Value Measurements
- Learn the reasoning and objectives behind ASC topics through the history of fair value measurement
- Learn where FASB, SEC, PCAOB stand today and what guidance they provide for current practitioners
- Learn how to recognize and overcome obstacles in putting fair professional guidance to use
- Learn where fair value measurement is headed and what professionals should expect from future guidance
BVR's Training Packs are an indispensable addition to any valuation reference library. Use them as training tools as many times as you'd like, wherever you are: play them at your computer at work or home, in your car, or on your personal audio device.
Delivered as an electronic download approximately four weeks after the program has aired, each Training Pack includes:
- Recordings and transcripts of the presentation
- All presentation visual aids and handouts
- All ancillary reading materials suggested by our presenters
If you are ordering a Training Pack after the four week window, the download link will be sent to you immediately via email. Please check your spam folder and add email@example.com to your “safe list” to ensure you receive your Training Pack.
See BVR's complete list of available Training Packs from past webinars for more information.
BVR's Satisfaction Guarantee
Business Valuation Resources offers a 100% money-back guarantee on our training services. If you are not completely satisfied with your experience, or have any feedback, please contact Business Valuation Resources at 1-503-479-8200 or firstname.lastname@example.org.