Omissions & Commissions: Errors, Challenges & Solutions in Business Appraisal Reports
Part 4 of BVR's Webinar Series
Wednesday, March 12, 2014
10:00am-11:40am PT • 1:00pm-2:40pm ET
The recording and transcript for this webinar are available to subscribers:
Already a subscriber? Login
For any written report, even the smallest of errors can prove to costly to overcome. In the case of business appraisal report writing, this is especially true when presenting nuanced and complex procedures and analysis. Through an examination of professional guidelines, judicial decisions, and real-world examples, expert Timothy Lee and attorney L. Paul Hood Jr., authors of A Reviewer's Handbook to Business Valuation: Practical Guidance to the Use and Abuse of a Business Appraisal have compiled a must attend presentation on how to avoid the most common and mortal mistakes in business appraisal reporting, be they by omission or commission.
- Due diligence
- Scope of report content
- Analytical scope & content
- Premiums & discounts
- The big picture
- Learn how to effectively "dot the Is and cross the Ts" on adequate disclosures and other definitional attributes critical to your work product
- Learn to identify susceptible positions and immunize your reports from rebuttal-style attacks
- Understand the importance of reporting with adequate and focused devil's advocacy
- Reconcile your work to general and specific concepts and rules of thumb to defend your treatments and results
BVR's Training Packs are an indispensable addition to any valuation reference library. Use them as training tools as many times as you'd like, wherever you are: play them at your computer at work or home, in your car, or on your personal audio device.
Delivered as an electronic download approximately four weeks after the program has aired, each Training Pack includes:
- Recordings and transcripts of the presentation
- All presentation visual aids and handouts
- All ancillary reading materials suggested by our presenters
If you are ordering a Training Pack after the four week window, the download link will be sent to you immediately via email. Please check your spam folder and add email@example.com to your “safe list” to ensure you receive your Training Pack.
See BVR's complete list of available Training Packs from past webinars for more information.
BVR's Satisfaction Guarantee
Business Valuation Resources offers a 100% money-back guarantee on our training services. If you are not completely satisfied with your experience, or have any feedback, please contact Business Valuation Resources at 1-503-479-8200 or firstname.lastname@example.org.