How to Succeed as a Jointly Retained Expert
Part 3 of BVR's Advanced Webinar Series on Reporting and Testimony
Friday, March 7, 2014
10:00am-11:40am PT • 1:00pm-2:40pm ET
The recording and transcript for this webinar are available to subscribers:
Already a subscriber? Login
The desire to limit litigation costs, the duration of legal proceedings, and the divergence of differing valuation opinions has lead to the increased use of jointly-retained, or neutral valuation experts. This position represents both opportunity for the appointed expert and peril as they try to work with both parties and the courts to deliver a sound conclusion of value. In part three of BVR's Advanced Webinar Series on Reporting & Testimony appraisal experts William Morrison and John Johnson discuss the professional, procedural, and personal challenges posed by acting as a jointly appointed expert.
- Engagement considerations
- Jointly retained expert
- Engagement letter
- Limitation of liability
- Procedural considerations
- Report issues
- Expert testimony
- The double cross
- Opposing the neutral
- Learn the benefits and detractions of operating as a jointly retained expert
- Learn the best practices for working as an jointly retained expert witness
- Learn which privileges are afforded expert witnesses and how their position can increase scrutiny
- learn how counsel and the court could treat you as a neutral expert
BVR's Training Packs are an indispensable addition to any valuation reference library. Use them as training tools as many times as you'd like, wherever you are: play them at your computer at work or home, in your car, or on your personal audio device.
Delivered as an electronic download approximately four weeks after the program has aired, each Training Pack includes:
- Recordings and transcripts of the presentation
- All presentation visual aids and handouts
- All ancillary reading materials suggested by our presenters
If you are ordering a Training Pack after the four week window, the download link will be sent to you immediately via email. Please check your spam folder and add email@example.com to your “safe list” to ensure you receive your Training Pack.
See BVR's complete list of available Training Packs from past webinars for more information.
BVR's Satisfaction Guarantee
Business Valuation Resources offers a 100% money-back guarantee on our training services. If you are not completely satisfied with your experience, or have any feedback, please contact Business Valuation Resources at 1-503-479-8200 or firstname.lastname@example.org.