Valuing Shareholder Loans in Divorce
BVR's Webinar Series
The recording and transcript for this webinar are available to subscribers:
Already a subscriber? Login
On their own, shareholder loans can be a tricky valuation obstacle. In the all-too-frequent context of divorce proceedings they become even more of a challenge. In "Valuing Shareholder Loans in Divorce" expert Christine Baker joins BVR to address the identification, valuation, and presentation of shareholder loan valuations in marital dissolution cases. From the recognition of the loan and determining whether it is a bona fide debt obligation or should instead be classified as capital to estimating its fair market value and presenting the findings and analysis in court, Baker will cover what every appraiser should know when faced with these challenges.
- Quick Review: Understanding the Issue
- Debt vs. Equity: Factors Considered by Other Courts
- Fair Market Value: Factors to Consider
- Learn how to identify and classify shareholder loans in the case of a valuation for marital dissolution
- Learn what judicial decisions provide direction to this appraisal issue
- Learn how standard of value considerations affect the valuation of shareholder loans
- Learn how to properly value shareholder loans in the case of a valuation for marital dissolution
BVR's Training Packs are an indispensable addition to any valuation reference library. Use them as training tools as many times as you'd like, wherever you are: play them at your computer at work or home, in your car, or on your personal audio device.
Delivered as an electronic download approximately four weeks after the program has aired, each Training Pack includes:
- Recordings and transcripts of the presentation
- All presentation visual aids and handouts
- All ancillary reading materials suggested by our presenters
If you are ordering a Training Pack after the four week window, the download link will be sent to you immediately via email. Please check your spam folder and add email@example.com to your “safe list” to ensure you receive your Training Pack.
See BVR's complete list of available Training Packs from past webinars for more information.
BVR's Satisfaction Guarantee
Business Valuation Resources offers a 100% money-back guarantee on our training services. If you are not completely satisfied with your experience, or have any feedback, please contact Business Valuation Resources at 1-503-479-8200 or firstname.lastname@example.org.