BVR's Webinar Series
Thursday, November 21, 2013
10:00am-11:40am PT • 1:00pm-2:40pm ET
The recording and transcript for this webinar are available to subscribers:
Already a subscriber? Login
Colloquially, it's been said that in the right situations business synergies can result "one plus one equals three." For the business appraiser tasked with valuing either business or the combination of the two, verifying and quantifying this expression creates a unique set of challenges. In "Valuing Synergies" expert appraisers Jeff Litvak and Brent Miller discuss the identification, quantification, and assessment of synergies, and what every appraiser should know when faced with the difficult task of proving that one plus one does – or does not – equal three.
- Synergy basics
- What is synergy?
- Sources of synergy
- Achieving synergies
- Financial market studies
- Performance metrics studies
- Anecdotal research/surveys
- Lessons from M&A research
- Valuation of synergies
- Potential sources of value in acquisitions
- How to calculate synergy value
- Why calculate separate values?
- Learn how to define and identify synergies
- Learn how to quantify the economic benefits of synergies through business combinations
- Learn how to value synergistic relationships between two entities
- Learn how market research can help improve the methodology by which synergies are assessed
BVR's Training Packs are an indispensable addition to any valuation reference library. Use them as training tools as many times as you'd like, wherever you are: play them at your computer at work or home, in your car, or on your personal audio device.
Delivered as an electronic download approximately four weeks after the program has aired, each Training Pack includes:
- Recordings and transcripts of the presentation
- All presentation visual aids and handouts
- All ancillary reading materials suggested by our presenters
If you are ordering a Training Pack after the four week window, the download link will be sent to you immediately via email. Please check your spam folder and add firstname.lastname@example.org to your “safe list” to ensure you receive your Training Pack.
See BVR's complete list of available Training Packs from past webinars for more information.