Valuing Marijuana Dispensaries
BVR's Webinar Series
Thursday, October 24, 2013
10:00am-11:40am PT • 1:00pm-2:40pm ET
The recording and transcript for this webinar are available to subscribers:
Already a subscriber? Login
The 2012 legalization of cannabis in Colorado and Washington has provided opportunities, challenges, and obstacles to the financial and legal professionals who support the sellers and dispensaries of the substance. For instance, how can an appraiser assign value in a newly legalized marketplace? Can previously black-market transactions be comparable, let alone admissible? How should the risks associated with a locally legal, but federally illegal product be quantified? And what risks, if any, do financial professionals face for working with a company whose product is deemed contraband by the federal government?
In Valuing Marijuana Dispensaries two Colorado-based financial experts, Jim Marty and Ronald Seigneur, join BVR to address the apparent and hidden dangers of valuing sellers and dispensaries of medicinal and newly-legalized cannabis. Don't miss the rare opportunity to see how appraisers should handle a once clandestine marketplace that is both newly legalized, and legally challenging.
- Introduction and background of marijuana practice
- Ethics issues
- Implications for CPAs with marijuana business clients
- AICPA code of professional conduct
- Recent legal scholarship
- Industry, accounting and tax analysis
- Recent trends
- Implementation of changing regulations
- Economic impact
- IRS issues and audits
- Valuation issues: cash flow and risk
- Cash flow analysis
- Vetting forecasts
- Tax effecting the cash flow
- Possible liability for IRS audits, how is 280E handled?
- Risk factors unique to the marijuana industry
- Hear the latest on marijuana legalization from federal and local perspectives, and the state of the deregulation process
- Learn how to analyze the operations, cash flows, risks and projections of marijuana businesses
- Learn what professional standards and legal scholars are saying about the risks posed by professionals working in this industry
- Learn how to apply traditional valuation techniques and a newly legalized marketplace
BVR's Training Packs are an indispensable addition to any valuation reference library. Use them as training tools as many times as you'd like, wherever you are: play them at your computer at work or home, in your car, or on your personal audio device.
Delivered as an electronic download approximately four weeks after the program has aired, each Training Pack includes:
- Recordings and transcripts of the presentation
- All presentation visual aids and handouts
- All ancillary reading materials suggested by our presenters
If you are ordering a Training Pack after the four week window, the download link will be sent to you immediately via email. Please check your spam folder and add firstname.lastname@example.org to your “safe list” to ensure you receive your Training Pack.
See BVR's complete list of available Training Packs from past webinars for more information.
BVR's Satisfaction Guarantee
Business Valuation Resources offers a 100% money-back guarantee on our training services. If you are not completely satisfied with your experience, or have any feedback, please contact Business Valuation Resources at 1-503-479-8200 or email@example.com.