Goodwill in Divorce Valuation: Personal, Entity, and the Difference Between
Part 2 of BVR's Advanced Webinar Series on Business Valuation in Divorce
Friday, September 20, 2013
10:00am-11:40am PT • 1:00pm-2:40pm ET
The recording and transcript for this webinar are available to subscribers:
Already a subscriber? Login
At times it would seem that "goodwill" is synonymous with "challenging valuation for marital dissolution". In dividing an estate, recognizing, analyzing, and apportioning both entity and personal goodwill can foil the most experienced appraiser, and render the most nuanced valuation inadmissible.
The second installment of the Advanced Webinar Series on Business Valuation in Divorce features series curator Jim Alerding on all things related to personal and entity goodwill. From identification and analysis to considerations of how goodwill, the most common intangible asset can be affected by exogenous factors, Alerding will cover what every appraiser needs to know.
- What is personal goodwill?
- Personal goodwill in the context of general valuation principles
- How personal is personal goodwill?
- Entity goodwill
- "Pure" personal goodwill
- Transferable personal goodwill
- How does the standard of value impact personal and entity goodwill?
- What is the impact of a covenant-not-to-compete
- Personal goodwill in commercial business
- Personal goodwill and a lack of control
- Determining personal goodwill
- Learn the definitions for personal, entity, and "pure" personal goodwill
- learn how to separate the different types of goodwill in an appraisal analysis
- Learn what courts have said about the apportionment and transferability of goodwill and how these inter-jurisdictional considerations could impact the valuation process
- Learn how covenants-not-to-compete and control considerations impact goodwill and business values
BVR's Training Packs are an indispensable addition to any valuation reference library. Use them as training tools as many times as you'd like, wherever you are: play them at your computer at work or home, in your car, or on your personal audio device.
Delivered as an electronic download approximately four weeks after the program has aired, each Training Pack includes:
- Recordings and transcripts of the presentation
- All presentation visual aids and handouts
- All ancillary reading materials suggested by our presenters
If you are ordering a Training Pack after the four week window, the download link will be sent to you immediately via email. Please check your spam folder and add firstname.lastname@example.org to your “safe list” to ensure you receive your Training Pack.
See BVR's complete list of available Training Packs from past webinars for more information.
BVR's Satisfaction Guarantee
Business Valuation Resources offers a 100% money-back guarantee on our training services. If you are not completely satisfied with your experience, or have any feedback, please contact Business Valuation Resources at 1-503-479-8200 or email@example.com.