Double Dipping: Income, Assets, and Double Counting in Divorce
Part 1 of BVR's Advanced Webinar Series on Business Valuation in Divorce
Friday, September 13, 2013
10:00am-11:40am PT • 1:00pm-2:40pm ET
The recording and transcript for this webinar are available to subscribers:
Already a subscriber? Login
Purchase the Training Pack ($99.00) to get the recording, transcript, and presentation materials for this webinar in a single download. Please allow up to 30 days after the webinar for the Training Pack to be available.
In the first installment of BVR's Advanced Webinar Series on Business Valuation in Divorce, experts Stacy Collins and Don DeGrazia join attorney Adam John Wolff to examine how financial experts can avoid the double counting of income and assets in a marital dissolution. From practical guidance on best practices to regulatory and jurisdictional considerations, this experienced and knowledgeable panel will address how to recognize so-called "double dips" and how to properly value various business aspects to avoid these issues.
- What is Double Dipping?
- Reasonable compensation and double dipping
- Double dipping by state
- Risk-adjusted rates of return and double dipping
- Standards of value and double dipping
- Double dipping in retirement assets
- Sampling of case laws on double dipping issues
- Consideration of other assets
- Learn how to identify and assess double dips
- Learn how double dipping affects and is affected by related analysis in reasonable compensation, goodwill, and other valuation issues
- Learn how double dips are treated across jurisdictions and what these inter-jurisdictional considerations can mean for the financial expert
- Learn how to treat double dips with non-income assets
BVR's Training Packs are an indispensable addition to any valuation reference library. Use them as training tools as many times as you'd like, wherever you are: play them at your computer at work or home, in your car, or on your personal audio device.
Delivered as an electronic download approximately four weeks after the program has aired, each Training Pack includes:
- Recordings and transcripts of the presentation
- All presentation visual aids and handouts
- All ancillary reading materials suggested by our presenters
If you are ordering a Training Pack after the four week window, the download link will be sent to you immediately via email. Please check your spam folder and add firstname.lastname@example.org to your “safe list” to ensure you receive your Training Pack.
See BVR's complete list of available Training Packs from past webinars for more information.
BVR's Satisfaction Guarantee
Business Valuation Resources offers a 100% money-back guarantee on our training services. If you are not completely satisfied with your experience, or have any feedback, please contact Business Valuation Resources at 1-503-479-8200 or email@example.com.