Commercial Reasonableness and FMV in Healthcare Valuation
Part 5 of BVR's 2013 Online Symposium on Healthcare Valuation
Wednesday, May 29, 2013
10:00am-11:40am PT • 1:00pm-2:40pm ET
The recording and transcript for this webinar are available to subscribers:
Already a subscriber? Login
The Stark Law, the anti-kickback statute, the False Claims Act, and Internal Revenue Service 501(c)(3) status all include regulations and sanctions requiring that transactions in the healthcare field be both commercially reasonable and at fair market value. While appraisers and businesses have refined the definition of fair market value over the past several years, such consensus and guidance on commercial reasonableness has yet to be created. Despite this, increased government commentary has underscored the need to understand and ensure that this requirement is met for all financial arrangements between parties in a position to refer.
In Part 5 of BVR's 2013 Online Symposium on Healthcare, series curator Mark Dietrich and expert attorney James Pinna address the requirements set forth by the many statutes regulating healthcare transactions, and what appraisers need to know in order to be in compliance with their stipulations of standards of value and commercial reasonableness.
- Fair market value defined
- Commercial transactions
- Physician workforce, recruitment, and retention
- Does the transaction make sense int eh absence of referrals?
- Learn how regulation and statute defines commercial reasonableness
- Learn to comply with regulations overseeing the healthcare market when assessing commercial reasonableness and fair market value
- Learn how others have interpreted commercial reasonableness, and what these precedents mean for appraisers today
- Learn the relationship between fair market value and commercial reasonableness
BVR's Training Packs are an indispensable addition to any valuation reference library. Use them as training tools as many times as you'd like, wherever you are: play them at your computer at work or home, in your car, or on your personal audio device.
Delivered as an electronic download approximately four weeks after the program has aired, each Training Pack includes:
- Recordings and transcripts of the presentation
- All presentation visual aids and handouts
- All ancillary reading materials suggested by our presenters
If you are ordering a Training Pack after the four week window, the download link will be sent to you immediately via email. Please check your spam folder and add firstname.lastname@example.org to your “safe list” to ensure you receive your Training Pack.
See BVR's complete list of available Training Packs from past webinars for more information.
BVR's Satisfaction Guarantee
Business Valuation Resources offers a 100% money-back guarantee on our training services. If you are not completely satisfied with your experience, or have any feedback, please contact Business Valuation Resources at 1-503-479-8200 or email@example.com.