Valuation and ERISA Fiduciary Liability: Traps for the Unwary Appraiser
BVR's Webinar Series
Tuesday, May 14, 2013
10:00am-11:40am PT • 1:00pm-2:40pm ET
The recording and transcript for this webinar are available to subscribers:
Already a subscriber? Login
As retirement, healthcare, and other employee benefits continue to grow, they are placing new stresses on firms of all sizes, whose commitments to these funds are beginning to outpace their revenues. Regulations and lawsuits are now challenging the defined responsibilities and liabilities of the financial professionals who create, manage, and even analyze these entities. This means that every appraiser now needs to assess the extent to which employee benefit plans impact enterprise value.
In this webinar, Dr. Susan Mangiero, Rob Schlegel, and James Cole discuss existing, emerging, and proposed disclosure rules, an understanding of which are imperative to navigate the maze of actuarial, accounting, and regulatory numbers. Learn why estimating future expected cash requirements to service a plan(s) is imperative if an appraiser wants to verify whether a firm can realize its growth targets, and how benefit plan economics change when derivatives or annuity transactions are in place.
- Why Appraisers Should Care About ERISA Plan Economics
- ERISA Basics
- Fiduciary Liability
- How Appraisers Are Impacted
- Pensions and Corporate Finance
- Multi-Employer Considerations
- ESOP Valuation and Role of Appraiser
- Learn how ERISA defines the roles and obligations of appraisers and other financial professionals
- Learn which responsibilities these regulations place on appraisers and the means by which they are enforced
- Learn the best practices for protecting one's self in the appraisal process when operating under these regulations
- Learn where appraisers should be most careful in working with ESOPs, pension funds, and other entities covered by ERISA rules
BVR's Training Packs are an indispensable addition to any valuation reference library. Use them as training tools as many times as you'd like, wherever you are: play them at your computer at work or home, in your car, or on your personal audio device.
Delivered as an electronic download approximately four weeks after the program has aired, each Training Pack includes:
- Recordings and transcripts of the presentation
- All presentation visual aids and handouts
- All ancillary reading materials suggested by our presenters
If you are ordering a Training Pack after the four week window, the download link will be sent to you immediately via email. Please check your spam folder and add firstname.lastname@example.org to your “safe list” to ensure you receive your Training Pack.
See BVR's complete list of available Training Packs from past webinars for more information.
BVR's Satisfaction Guarantee
Business Valuation Resources offers a 100% money-back guarantee on our training services. If you are not completely satisfied with your experience, or have any feedback, please contact Business Valuation Resources at 1-503-479-8200 or email@example.com.