BVR's Webinar Series
Thursday, March 21, 2013
12:00am-2:00am PT • 3:00am-5:00am ET
The recording and transcript for this webinar are available to subscribers:
Already a subscriber? Login
Brands are perhaps the most recognizable of any intangible asset, and the surest signal of a firm's identity. They carry legal protections as well as value. Yet knowing how to quantify the latter in view of the former can be a perplexing challenge to even the most experienced business and asset appraiser. In this webinar, appraiser Mike Pellegrino and licensing expert Ira Mayer join BVR to discuss how brands create and retain value, and what appraisers should know when quantifying the value of such an intangible asset.
- What are brands?
- Typical legal protections
- Advantages of brands
- Disadvantages of brands
- Brand strength
- How does a brand create value?
- Primary value sources
- Measuring brand value
- Overview of brand valuation
- General methods
- Usage context
- Economic life considerations
- Accounting for brand valuation risks
- Due diligence procedures
- Verifying mark history
- Verifying registration
- Verifying trademark status
- Dispelling common brand valuation myths
- Learn what constitutes a brand and what legal protections brands carry
- Understand how brands create value
- Learn how to value a brand
- Learn what to watch for when valuing a brand
BVR's Training Packs are an indispensable addition to any valuation reference library. Use them as training tools as many times as you'd like, wherever you are: play them at your computer at work or home, in your car, or on your personal audio device.
Delivered as an electronic download approximately four weeks after the program has aired, each Training Pack includes:
- Recordings and transcripts of the presentation
- All presentation visual aids and handouts
- All ancillary reading materials suggested by our presenters
If you are ordering a Training Pack after the four week window, the download link will be sent to you immediately via email. Please check your spam folder and add firstname.lastname@example.org to your “safe list” to ensure you receive your Training Pack.
See BVR's complete list of available Training Packs from past webinars for more information.
BVR's Satisfaction Guarantee
Business Valuation Resources offers a 100% money-back guarantee on our training services. If you are not completely satisfied with your experience, or have any feedback, please contact Business Valuation Resources at 1-503-479-8200 or email@example.com.