The Latest on S Corps: Practical Lessons from Research and the Trenches
BVR's Webinar Series
Thursday, October 18, 2012
12:00am-2:00am PT • 3:00am-5:00am ET
The recording and transcript for this webinar are available to subscribers:
Already a subscriber? Login
Despite years of debate, doubt, and uncertainty consensus on the treatment of S-corps and other pass through entities remains elusive. Even still, new thinking from academic research, practical valuation experience, and judicial decisions are shedding new light on still-lingering questions. In this exclusive webinar BVR welcomes expert appraiser Nancy Fannon for a hard look at this contentious, ongoing debate. Using new evidence from numerous sources Fannon will shed light on emerging considerations and how this volume of knowledge can be applied to pass through entity valuations today.
- Introduction: Basic questions
- Do shareholder taxes affect value?
- Comparing existing models for pass-through entity valuation:
- IRS/Tax court "model"
- Valuation community "model"
- PTE models
- Van Vleet's method
- DE Chancery "method"
- "Grabowski" model
- Underlying assumptions and their impacts
- "How much" tax penalty is in the market return?
- Value versus returns
- Changes over time
- How small changes reflect on current thinking
- "Tax Capitalization Theory"
- How taxes affect firm behavior
- Pass through entity valuation models and cost of capital
- Understand the underlying principles of the various S corp. methods
- Learn what research tells us about those underlying principles
- Learn how to apply the research regardless of the methodology employed
BVR's Training Packs are an indispensable addition to any valuation reference library. Use them as training tools as many times as you'd like, wherever you are: play them at your computer at work or home, in your car, or on your personal audio device.
Delivered as an electronic download approximately four weeks after the program has aired, each Training Pack includes:
- Recordings and transcripts of the presentation
- All presentation visual aids and handouts
- All ancillary reading materials suggested by our presenters
If you are ordering a Training Pack after the four week window, the download link will be sent to you immediately via email. Please check your spam folder and add email@example.com to your “safe list” to ensure you receive your Training Pack.
See BVR's complete list of available Training Packs from past webinars for more information.
BVR's Satisfaction Guarantee
Business Valuation Resources offers a 100% money-back guarantee on our training services. If you are not completely satisfied with your experience, or have any feedback, please contact Business Valuation Resources at 1-503-479-8200 or firstname.lastname@example.org.