Personal vs. Entity Goodwill
BVR's Webinar Series
Thursday, June 7, 2012
12:00am-2:00am PT • 3:00am-5:00am ET
The recording and transcript for this webinar are available to subscribers:
Already a subscriber? Login
Goodwill is the appraiser's oldest friend, most tenacious foil, and the most loyal companion throughout the valuation process. Apart from knowing how to account for it, the appraiser must also know how to apportion it, for it comes in different forms. In this highly-anticipated webinar expert appraisers James Alerding and Stacy Collins discuss the classic considerations in goodwill apportionment. From identifying and assessing goodwill to recognizing how the current economic climate has and will continue to impact this important intangible asset, Alerding and Collins will address what every appraiser needs to know.
- What is personal goodwill?
- Factors in implementing personal goodwill in cases
- Personal goodwill isn't just for divorce litigation
- Personal goodwill in the context of general valuation principles
- How personal is personal goodwill?
- Entity goodwill
- "Pure" personal goodwill
- Transferable personal goodwill
- How does the standard of value impact personal and entity goodwill?
- What is the impact of a covenant-not-to-compete
- Personal goodwill in commercial business
- Personal goodwill and a lack of control
- Determining personal goodwill
- Learn how key drivers of goodwill, generally and personal goodwill, specifically, affect the determination and analysis of personal goodwill
- Learn where personal goodwill turns up and what analysts should be wary of throughout the valuation process
- Learn what the courts have said about personal goodwill and what it means for your next valuation
- Learn how to determine, analyze, and allocate personal goodwill
BVR's Training Packs are an indispensable addition to any valuation reference library. Use them as training tools as many times as you'd like, wherever you are: play them at your computer at work or home, in your car, or on your personal audio device.
Delivered as an electronic download approximately four weeks after the program has aired, each Training Pack includes:
- Recordings and transcripts of the presentation
- All presentation visual aids and handouts
- All ancillary reading materials suggested by our presenters
- Instructions for retrieving the Self-Study exam materials
If you are ordering a Training Pack after the four week window, the download link will be sent to you immediately via email. Please check your spam folder and add email@example.com to your “safe list” to ensure you receive your Training Pack.
See BVR's complete list of available Training Packs from past webinars for more information.
Self-Study CPE credits are available for this program.
Here are the steps to prepare for and receive the program's Self-Study CPE credits:
- Purchase the Training Pack for this program (see the link above).
- Review the course materials and exam instructions provided with the Training Pack.
- Once you're ready, take the online Self-Study CPE Exam for this program.
A minimum of 70% of the exam's questions must be answered correctly to pass, and the exam must be completed within one year of purchasing the Training Pack.
- After you've finished the exam, you will be asked to pay a $100 CPE processing charge.
- Once BVR has your successfully completed exam and processing fee, you will be sent a CPE certificate via email 10-20 business days later.
- Prerequisites: Knowledge of Business Valuation
- Program Level: Advanced
- Preparation Required: None
- Delivery Method: QAS Self-Study
- Recommended CPE: 2.0 Credit Hours (Specialized Knowledge & Applications)
Business Valuation Resources is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of
continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on
the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National
Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.nasbaregistry.org.
BVR's Satisfaction Guarantee
Business Valuation Resources offers a 100% money-back guarantee on our training services. If you are not completely satisfied with your experience, or have any feedback, please contact Business Valuation Resources at 1-503-479-8200 or firstname.lastname@example.org.