IP in Divorce: Dividing Patents, Copyrights, and Trademarks
BVR's Webinar Series
Wednesday, May 23, 2012
12:00am-2:00am PT • 3:00am-5:00am ET
The recording and transcript for this webinar are available to subscribers:
Already a subscriber? Login
In this exclusive webinar BVR welcomes valuation experts Drew Voth and Neil Beaton and attorneys Ronald Anteau and Alexa Wolff for an examination of how intellectual properties are valued in marital dissolution cases. This presentation will address the unique challenges posed by combining the valuation of these intangible assets with the nuances and pitfalls of doing so for the purposes of dividing them among two parties. In addition to covering what types of intellectual properties and intangible assets appraisers are likely to see in family law matters, this program will address how these assets should be analyzed, quantified, and divided. A review of recent case law will reveal what courts have said about the assessment and division of these assets.
- Why types of intellectual properties and intangible assets may have value?
- How does family law treat intellectual properties?
- Analysis of key cases
- Common valuation methods
- Strategies on dividing IP assets in divorce
- Learn which intellectual properties and intangible assets may be valued in marital dissolution cases
- Learn the techniques by which these assets should be valued in family law matters
- Learn what courts have said about the methods by which these assets are assessed and quantified
- Learn how these assets are divided and what impact this may have on the valuation process
BVR's Training Packs are an indispensable addition to any valuation reference library. Use them as training tools as many times as you'd like, wherever you are: play them at your computer at work or home, in your car, or on your personal audio device.
Delivered as an electronic download approximately four weeks after the program has aired, each Training Pack includes:
- Recordings and transcripts of the presentation
- All presentation visual aids and handouts
- All ancillary reading materials suggested by our presenters
If you are ordering a Training Pack after the four week window, the download link will be sent to you immediately via email. Please check your spam folder and add email@example.com to your “safe list” to ensure you receive your Training Pack.
See BVR's complete list of available Training Packs from past webinars for more information.
BVR's Satisfaction Guarantee
Business Valuation Resources offers a 100% money-back guarantee on our training services. If you are not completely satisfied with your experience, or have any feedback, please contact Business Valuation Resources at 1-503-479-8200 or firstname.lastname@example.org.