Business Valuation Issues in Bankruptcy
BVR's Webinar Series
Thursday, March 1, 2012
12:00am-2:00am PT • 3:00am-5:00am ET
The recording and transcript for this webinar are available to subscribers:
Already a subscriber? Login
In "Business Valuation Issues in Bankruptcy" BVR welcomes expert appraisers Jeff Risius and Jesse Ultz for an in depth examination of the opportunities and challenges posed by the bankruptcy process. While distressed and bankrupt businesses have made headlines recently, their reorganization and, at times, resurrection have owed a great deal to appraisers working on such issues as asset/collateral valuation matters, shareholder value disputes within the process, and fairness issues related to the valuation of securities. In their 100-minute presentation Risius and Ultz will discuss how to identify these and other valuation opportunities and how the bankruptcy process creates challenges every appraiser should know. Areas to be covered include: adequate protection, claims determination, plan confirmation, and asset recovery issues. Advanced valuation issues that arise in the valuation of distressed companies will be addressed. The presentation will include illustrative hypothetical examples as well as summaries of relevant court cases.
- Bankruptcy related valuation issues
- Adequate protection
- Claims determination
- Plan confirmation
- Asset recovery issues
- Distressed company valuation issues
- Book value vs. market value
- Business valuation methodologies with respect to distressed companies
- Sensitivity analysis
- Understanding the required rates of return for distressed companies
- Investigation of management's incentives and ability to forecast in past
- Net operating loss carryforward impact on valuation
- Assessing distress in the market indicators
- Examples of relevant court cases
- In re McKilips
- Associates Commercial Corp v. Rash
- In re Bush Industries
- Peltz v. Hatten
- VFB v. Campbell Soup
- Learn where valuation opportunities lie in the bankruptcy process and how to take advantages of those opportunities
- Learn how valuations in the bankruptcy process differ from other appraisal assignments, where the pitfalls lie, and how to overcome these valuation challenges
- Understand what impact recent court decisions have had on appraisers working in this space and what it means for the valuation process
- Clarify the appraiser's role in bankruptcy-related valuations
BVR's Training Packs are an indispensable addition to any valuation reference library. Use them as training tools as many times as you'd like, wherever you are: play them at your computer at work or home, in your car, or on your personal audio device.
Delivered as an electronic download approximately four weeks after the program has aired, each Training Pack includes:
- Recordings and transcripts of the presentation
- All presentation visual aids and handouts
- All ancillary reading materials suggested by our presenters
- Instructions for retrieving the Self-Study exam materials
If you are ordering a Training Pack after the four week window, the download link will be sent to you immediately via email. Please check your spam folder and add email@example.com to your “safe list” to ensure you receive your Training Pack.
See BVR's complete list of available Training Packs from past webinars for more information.
Self-Study CPE credits are available for this program.
Here are the steps to prepare for and receive the program's Self-Study CPE credits:
- Purchase the Training Pack for this program (see the link above).
- Review the course materials and exam instructions provided with the Training Pack.
- Once you're ready, take the online Self-Study CPE Exam for this program.
A minimum of 70% of the exam's questions must be answered correctly to pass, and the exam must be completed within one year of purchasing the Training Pack.
- After you've finished the exam, you will be asked to pay a $100 CPE processing charge.
- Once BVR has your successfully completed exam and processing fee, you will be sent a CPE certificate via email 10-20 business days later.
- Prerequisites: Knowledge of Business Valuation
- Program Level: Advanced
- Preparation Required: None
- Delivery Method: QAS Self-Study
- Recommended CPE: 2.0 Credit Hours (Specialized Knowledge & Applications)
Business Valuation Resources is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of
continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on
the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National
Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.nasbaregistry.org.
BVR's Satisfaction Guarantee
Business Valuation Resources offers a 100% money-back guarantee on our training services. If you are not completely satisfied with your experience, or have any feedback, please contact Business Valuation Resources at 1-503-479-8200 or firstname.lastname@example.org.