The Valuation of Hospitals
Part 2 of BVR's 2012 Online Symposium on Healthcare Valuation
Tuesday, February 28, 2012
12:00am-2:00am PT • 3:00am-5:00am ET
The recording and transcript for this webinar are available to subscribers:
Already a subscriber? Login
Highly regulated, highly fragmented, and uniquely nuanced, hospitals, as a group, can be surprisingly difficult to define. For the appraiser tasked with determining a value to any one of the nearly 6,000 hospitals in the U.S. these and other challenges can greatly impair the valuation process, throwing a defensibility of any valuation conclusion into doubt.
In part 2 of BVR's 2012 Online Symposium on Healthcare Valuation, BVR welcomes experts Don Barbo and Robert Mundy for "The Valuation of Hospitals." Through their 100 minute presentation Barbo and Mundy will examine the valuation drivers, challenges, and nuances of hospitals while also examining the state of the industry and how its continued evolution will affect appraisers.
- Hospital transaction & marketplace
- Potential impact of health reform on hospitals
- Challenges Facing the Hospital Industry
- Accountable Care Organizations and Hospitals
- Key value drivers
- Key financial metrics
- Learn how the operations and organization of hospitals impacts value and which key metrics and drivers are most telling in hospital valuations
- Learn the current state of the hospital industry and where it's headed
- Learn how new reforms will impact hospital valuation and values
BVR's Training Packs are an indispensable addition to any valuation reference library. Use them as training tools as many times as you'd like, wherever you are: play them at your computer at work or home, in your car, or on your personal audio device.
Delivered as an electronic download approximately four weeks after the program has aired, each Training Pack includes:
- Recordings and transcripts of the presentation
- All presentation visual aids and handouts
- All ancillary reading materials suggested by our presenters
- Instructions for retrieving the Self-Study exam materials
If you are ordering a Training Pack after the four week window, the download link will be sent to you immediately via email. Please check your spam folder and add email@example.com to your “safe list” to ensure you receive your Training Pack.
See BVR's complete list of available Training Packs from past webinars for more information.
Self-Study CPE credits are available for this program.
Here are the steps to prepare for and receive the program's Self-Study CPE credits:
- Purchase the Training Pack for this program (see the link above).
- Review the course materials and exam instructions provided with the Training Pack.
- Once you're ready, take the online Self-Study CPE Exam for this program.
A minimum of 70% of the exam's questions must be answered correctly to pass, and the exam must be completed within one year of purchasing the Training Pack.
- After you've finished the exam, you will be asked to pay a $100 CPE processing charge.
- Once BVR has your successfully completed exam and processing fee, you will be sent a CPE certificate via email 10-20 business days later.
- Prerequisites: Knowledge of Business Valuation
- Program Level: Advanced
- Preparation Required: None
- Delivery Method: QAS Self-Study
- Recommended CPE: 2.0 Credit Hours (Specialized Knowledge & Applications)
Business Valuation Resources is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of
continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on
the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National
Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.nasbaregistry.org.
BVR's Satisfaction Guarantee
Business Valuation Resources offers a 100% money-back guarantee on our training services. If you are not completely satisfied with your experience, or have any feedback, please contact Business Valuation Resources at 1-503-479-8200 or firstname.lastname@example.org.