The State of IPR&D: Examining the AICPA Exposure Draft
BVR's Webinar Series
Thursday, February 9, 2012
12:00am-2:00am PT • 3:00am-5:00am ET
The recording and transcript for this webinar are available to subscribers:
Already a subscriber? Login
Purchase the Training Pack ($99.00) to get the recording, transcript, and presentation materials for this webinar in a single download. Please allow up to 30 days after the webinar for the Training Pack to be available.
The November 18, 2011 release of Assets Acquired to be Used in Research and Development Activities was first step in a long awaited update to a practice aid initially issued in 2001. As the AICPA's Financial Reporting Executive Committee (FinREC), which oversees report-issuing IPR&D Task Force, states, "This guide addresses many new accounting and valuation issues that have emerged over the years."
On February 9, task force member and valuation expert David Dufendach joins BVR to discuss the exposure draft, its contents, and how the valuation community can participate in its final form through the feedback the task force is currently soliciting. Join Dufendach as he leads us through the reasoning behind the many decisions made by the task force and how they hope to solve the many valuation issues that have arisen since the initial 2001 practice aid's release.
Download a copy of the exposure draft, Assets Acquired to be Used in Research and Development Activities, here.
- Summarize current status of Working Draft
- Identify significant changes to accounting and valuation guidance that affect IPR&D
- Review developments in valuation methods
- Changes attributable to ASC 820 (FAS 157)
- Changes due to evolving valuation practices
- Learn how the exposure draft seeks to provide clarity on valuing in process research and development
- Learn which considerations were made in exposure draft revisions and how these seek to aid practitioners
- Understand the impact these changes are projected to have
- Learn how to participate in the revision process with comments and feedback
BVR's Training Packs are an indispensable addition to any valuation reference library. Use them as training tools as many times as you'd like, wherever you are: play them at your computer at work or home, in your car, or on your personal audio device.
Delivered as an electronic download approximately four weeks after the program has aired, each Training Pack includes:
- Recordings and transcripts of the presentation
- All presentation visual aids and handouts
- All ancillary reading materials suggested by our presenters
If you are ordering a Training Pack after the four week window, the download link will be sent to you immediately via email. Please check your spam folder and add firstname.lastname@example.org to your “safe list” to ensure you receive your Training Pack.
See BVR's complete list of available Training Packs from past webinars for more information.
BVR's Satisfaction Guarantee
Business Valuation Resources offers a 100% money-back guarantee on our training services. If you are not completely satisfied with your experience, or have any feedback, please contact Business Valuation Resources at 1-503-479-8200 or email@example.com.