Goodwill Impairment: Qualitative Assessments & the AICPA Exposure Draft
BVR's Webinar Series
Thursday, January 26, 2012
12:00am-2:00am PT • 3:00am-5:00am ET
The recording and transcript for this webinar are available to subscribers:
Already a subscriber? Login
Purchase the Training Pack ($99.00) to get the recording, transcript, and presentation materials for this webinar in a single download. Please allow up to 30 days after the webinar for the Training Pack to be available.
On November 4, 2011 the AICPA's Financial Reporting Executive Committee (FinREC) issued a working draft of the AICPA Accounting and Valuation Guide Testing Goodwill for Impairment. Developed by the AICPA Impairment Task Force, the draft release provides non-authoritative guidance and illustrations for valuation specialists, preparers of financial statements, and independent auditors regarding goodwill impairment testing.
In "Goodwill Impairment: Qualitative Assessments & the FinREC Exposure Draft" impairment task force member and valuation expert Mark Zyla joins BVR for a discussion on the exposure draft, the task force's reasoning in some of their guidelines, and a critical look at the qualitative assessment of goodwill. Through this hour-long presentation attendees will have the opportunity to learn what's in the exposure draft, how to best help improve this guidance through the feedback process, and what these guidelines mean for the qualitative assessment of goodwill.
Download a copy of the exposure draft, Accounting and Valuation Guide Testing Goodwill for Impairment, here.
- Provide Background on Impairment Testing
- Discuss the Two-Step Goodwill Impairment Test
- Discuss the FASB's Accounting Standard Update 2011-08 allowing qualitative assessments
- Discuss the AICPA's Goodwill Impairment Working Draft Guide
- Describe Best Practices and Issues Regarding Impairment
- Learn how the exposure draft seeks to provide clarity on assessing goodwill impairment
- Learn which considerations were made in exposure draft revisions and how these seek to aid practitioners
- Understand the impact these changes are projected to have
- Learn how to participate in the revision process with comments and feedback
BVR's Training Packs are an indispensable addition to any valuation reference library. Use them as training tools as many times as you'd like, wherever you are: play them at your computer at work or home, in your car, or on your personal audio device.
Delivered as an electronic download approximately four weeks after the program has aired, each Training Pack includes:
- Recordings and transcripts of the presentation
- All presentation visual aids and handouts
- All ancillary reading materials suggested by our presenters
If you are ordering a Training Pack after the four week window, the download link will be sent to you immediately via email. Please check your spam folder and add email@example.com to your “safe list” to ensure you receive your Training Pack.
See BVR's complete list of available Training Packs from past webinars for more information.
BVR's Satisfaction Guarantee
Business Valuation Resources offers a 100% money-back guarantee on our training services. If you are not completely satisfied with your experience, or have any feedback, please contact Business Valuation Resources at 1-503-479-8200 or firstname.lastname@example.org.