Finding & Analyzing Royalty Rates
BVR's Webinar Series
The recording and transcript for this webinar are available to subscribers:
Already a subscriber? Login
By rejecting the previously accepted 25% "rule of thumb," Uniloc v. Microsoft has established a future where more stringent analysis and documentation will be paramount to creating a compelling argument in the calculation of patent infringement damages. With a new onus on appraisers to perform thorough and exhaustive due diligence in royalty rate calculations, third-party licensing agreements have become and even more important part of any damages analysis. For many practitioners, knowing where to find relevant (and un-redacted) market comparables, determining which royalty rate benchmarks are appropriate to use, and understanding what additional licensing terms might affect asset values can be an arduous process.
In "Finding & Analyzing Royalty Rates" expert David Jarczyk joins BVR for an in-depth examination of key strategies for locating and breaking down intangibles licensing information for use in business valuation studies, such as purchase price allocations, capitalized value determinations for after-tax royalties using the relief from royalty method, and goodwill impairment analyses under SFAS 141r/SFAS 142. Jarczyk will also turn the spotlight on the intricacies of license agreement construction, with a special emphasis on identifying terms that impact valuation such as upfront payments, milestone payments or mandatory payments.
- Identifying Intangibles
- Method for Valuing intangibles
- Use of Intangibles Royalty Rates as Benchmarks in Business Valuation
- Available Information – Royalty Rates & Licensing Transactions
- Critical Factors in Selecting Royalty Rates & Addressing Licensing Terms that Impact Value
- Current Events
- Learn how to quickly and accurately locate relevant intangibles licensing data and documents
- Understand best practices for selecting the most appropriate royalty rate benchmarks, even when dealing with niche technology or markets
- Gain insights for identifying additional licensing terms and language that may impact analysis and valuation
- Clearly see how current events such as Uniloc are impacting business valuation professionals
BVR's Training Packs are an indispensable addition to any valuation reference library. Use them as training tools as many times as you'd like, wherever you are: play them at your computer at work or home, in your car, or on your personal audio device.
Delivered as an electronic download approximately four weeks after the program has aired, each Training Pack includes:
- Recordings and transcripts of the presentation
- All presentation visual aids and handouts
- All ancillary reading materials suggested by our presenters
If you are ordering a Training Pack after the four week window, the download link will be sent to you immediately via email. Please check your spam folder and add email@example.com to your “safe list” to ensure you receive your Training Pack.
See BVR's complete list of available Training Packs from past webinars for more information.
BVR's Satisfaction Guarantee
Business Valuation Resources offers a 100% money-back guarantee on our training services. If you are not completely satisfied with your experience, or have any feedback, please contact Business Valuation Resources at 1-503-479-8200 or firstname.lastname@example.org.