The Use and Application of Option Pricing Modeling
BVR's Webinar Series
Thursday, December 16, 2010
12:00am-2:00am PT • 3:00am-5:00am ET
The recording and transcript for this webinar are available to subscribers:
Already a subscriber? Login
The use and application of the Black Scholes Option Pricing Model in business valuation has come under increased scrutiny as of late. Since its inclusion in the AICPA's practice aid in 2004, critical examination and a deep economic downturn have drawn its use and appropriateness into question. Indeed, this model was the subject of rebutting articles in BVUpdate in January and March of 2010: "Does Black Scholes Overvalue Early Stage Company Allocations?" and "Lognormal Distributions vs. Empirical Observations – A Defense of the Option Pricing Method," respectively. In "The Use and Application of Option Pricing Modeling" James Walling and Scott Beauchene, each a co-author of these articles, joined BVR to discuss both how to appropriately utilize this valuation tool and its applicability in light of a practice aid update and a turbulent economy.
- Introduction: Reconciling the BVR articles and identify key concepts
- Black-Scholes: what you need to know about its underlying assumptions
- Identifying fact patterns best suited to the option model
- Practical application challenges and examples
- Introduction to alternative or adjusted models
- Refine and reinforce your understanding of Black-Scholes option model inputs in the context of share based compensation analysis
- Identify potential challenges and appropriate uses for the option model
- Learn about developing methodologies and enhancements that may improve existing models
BVR's Training Packs are an indispensable addition to any valuation reference library. Use them as training tools as many times as you'd like, wherever you are: play them at your computer at work or home, in your car, or on your personal audio device.
Delivered as an electronic download approximately four weeks after the program has aired, each Training Pack includes:
- Recordings and transcripts of the presentation
- All presentation visual aids and handouts
- All ancillary reading materials suggested by our presenters
- Instructions for retrieving the Self-Study exam materials
If you are ordering a Training Pack after the four week window, the download link will be sent to you immediately via email. Please check your spam folder and add email@example.com to your “safe list” to ensure you receive your Training Pack.
See BVR's complete list of available Training Packs from past webinars for more information.
Self-Study CPE credits are available for this program.
Here are the steps to prepare for and receive the program's Self-Study CPE credits:
- Purchase the Training Pack for this program (see the link above).
- Review the course materials and exam instructions provided with the Training Pack.
- Once you're ready, take the online Self-Study CPE Exam for this program.
A minimum of 70% of the exam's questions must be answered correctly to pass, and the exam must be completed within one year of purchasing the Training Pack.
- After you've finished the exam, you will be asked to pay a $100 CPE processing charge.
- Once BVR has your successfully completed exam and processing fee, you will be sent a CPE certificate via email 10-20 business days later.
- Prerequisites: Knowledge of Business Valuation
- Program Level: Advanced
- Preparation Required: None
- Delivery Method: QAS Self-Study
- Recommended CPE: 2.0 Credit Hours (Specialized Knowledge & Applications)
Business Valuation Resources is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of
continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on
the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National
Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.nasbaregistry.org.
BVR's Satisfaction Guarantee
Business Valuation Resources offers a 100% money-back guarantee on our training services. If you are not completely satisfied with your experience, or have any feedback, please contact Business Valuation Resources at 1-503-479-8200 or firstname.lastname@example.org.