Understanding Control vs. Lack of Control and Applicable Discounts
BVR's Webinar Series
Thursday, June 8, 2023
10:00am-11:40am PT • 1:00pm-2:40pm ET
Register to attend this event:
This event is also available to subscribers:
Already a subscriber or registered online? Login
Purchase the Training Pack ($299.00) to get the recording, transcript, and presentation materials for this webinar in a single download. Please allow up to 30 days after the webinar for the Training Pack to be available.
- Concepts regarding control and its lack;
- Levels of control, levels of value, and their relationship;
- Interpreting governing documents regarding control elements;
- Reflecting the level of control of a particular subject interest in its valuation;
- Sources of market evidence regarding control premiums and discounts and their use; and
- Court cases with interesting outcomes.
- There will be a case study comparing different approaches to the valuation of non-controlling interest.
- Be able to derive the value of a noncontrolling interest using a direct approach and an indirect approach (getting to control first);
- Learn to look for unusual terms in governing documents that might affect control;
- Learn how various points in the spectrum of control characteristics affect value; and
- Be able to describe the strengths and weaknesses of various market evidence regarding the value of control.
Multi-User CPE Policy
Admission to this program includes one CPE certificate for one individual. Any additional listeners requesting CPE must be registered prior to the event, log in on their own connection, and pay a processing fee assessed at the completion of the online CPE survey for this course.
CPE Processing Fees may be bypassed by entering a valid, unused CPE Authorization Code (for single event purchasers) or by logging into BVR's website (for subscribers to BVR's Training Series).
- Prerequisites: Knowledge of Business Valuation
- Program Level: Advanced
- Preparation Required: None
- Delivery Method: Group Internet-Based
- Recommended CPE: 2.0 Credit Hours (Accounting – Technical)
Business Valuation Resources is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of
continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on
the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National
Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.nasbaregistry.org.
BVR's Training Packs are an indispensable addition to any valuation reference library. Use them as training tools as many times as you'd like, wherever you are: play them at your computer at work or home, in your car, or on your personal audio device.
Delivered as an electronic download approximately four weeks after the program has aired, each Training Pack includes:
- Recordings and transcripts of the presentation
- All presentation visual aids and handouts
- All ancillary reading materials suggested by our presenters
If you are ordering a Training Pack after the four week window, the download link will be sent to you immediately via email. Please check your spam folder and add firstname.lastname@example.org to your “safe list” to ensure you receive your Training Pack.
See BVR's complete list of available Training Packs from past webinars for more information.
BVR's Satisfaction Guarantee
Business Valuation Resources offers a 100% money-back guarantee on our training services. If you are not completely satisfied with your experience, or have any feedback, please contact Business Valuation Resources at 1-503-479-8200 or email@example.com.