Calculating Damages for Early-Stage Companies
BVR's Special Series on New Economic Damages Guide
Thursday, May 25, 2023
10:00am-11:40am PT • 1:00pm-2:40pm ET
The recording and transcript for this webinar are available to subscribers:
Already a subscriber? Login
Purchase the Training Pack ($299.00) to get the recording, transcript, and presentation materials for this webinar in a single download. Please allow up to 30 days after the webinar for the Training Pack to be available.
This webinar is part of BVR’s Special Series on Economic Damages and serves as a complement to the recently published Comprehensive Guide to Economic Damages, 7th Edition.
Measuring lost profits damages for new or early-stage businesses can be a daunting task. Traditional damage analyses that rely on historical results are often meaningless since, by definition, startup companies usually lack a track record of operating results. Without an operating history for measuring lost profits, the damages expert walks a thin line between speculation and reasoned analysis. Under most circumstances, to be admissible evidence, damage analyses require a relevant and reliable factual basis. These legal and evidentiary requirements are often heightened when measuring damages for new businesses. This webinar will explore a number of credible techniques that experts can utilize to measure and/or estimate damages for new or early-stage businesses.
- The starting point: valuing a startup—the six steps to lay a foundation;
- Reasonable certainty in lost profits litigation in general; and
- Determining specific lost profits for early-stage companies.
- Attendees will learn about the steps needed to assess the value of a startup, which is the foundation of damages;
- Attendees will understand the various methodologies used for startup valuations that differ from those for mature companies;
- Attendees will gain an understanding of reasonable certainty in the uncertain world of startups; and
- Attendees will be provided a road map in assessing the magnitude and extent of damages to startup companies.
BVR's Training Packs are an indispensable addition to any valuation reference library. Use them as training tools as many times as you'd like, wherever you are: play them at your computer at work or home, in your car, or on your personal audio device.
Delivered as an electronic download approximately four weeks after the program has aired, each Training Pack includes:
- Recordings and transcripts of the presentation
- All presentation visual aids and handouts
- All ancillary reading materials suggested by our presenters
If you are ordering a Training Pack after the four week window, the download link will be sent to you immediately via email. Please check your spam folder and add firstname.lastname@example.org to your “safe list” to ensure you receive your Training Pack.
See BVR's complete list of available Training Packs from past webinars for more information.
BVR's Satisfaction Guarantee
Business Valuation Resources offers a 100% money-back guarantee on our training services. If you are not completely satisfied with your experience, or have any feedback, please contact Business Valuation Resources at 1-503-479-8200 or email@example.com.