Special Purpose Acquisition Companies: Practical Insights for Valuation Professionals
BVR's Special Series on Fair Value
Tuesday, September 14, 2021
10:00am-11:40am PT • 1:00pm-2:40pm ET
The recording and transcript for this webinar are available to subscribers:
Already a subscriber? Login
SPACs have become a common vehicle for management to take companies public. The valuation of SPAC shares and warrants often requires the use of more complex statistical techniques such as option pricing models and Monte Carlo simulation and a detailed review of contractual terms in the SPAC prospectus and securities agreements. Join Antonella Puca, who will focus on practical considerations and case studies. This webinar is meant to help you address the special challenges of SPAC valuation engagements and related audit requests.
- Overview of SPAC current markets;
- Description of SPAC life cycle and SPAC securities, including warrants, founder shares, and earnout shares;
- Review of common terms in SPAC warrant agreements;
- Practical examples of how to value SPAC securities using option pricing models, scenario analysis, and Monte Carlo simulation; and
- Documentation of SPAC valuations to comply with audit requests.
- Identify differences in the contractual terms of private and public warrants and how they affect valuation;
- Recognize challenges and identify suitable models in the valuation of SPAC securities;
- Apply option pricing modelling, Monte Carlo simulation, and scenario analysis to the valuation of SPAC warrants, founder shares, and earnout shares; and
- Develop sound practices in the documentation of SPAC valuations to address audit challenges.
BVR's Training Packs are an indispensable addition to any valuation reference library. Use them as training tools as many times as you'd like, wherever you are: play them at your computer at work or home, in your car, or on your personal audio device.
Delivered as an electronic download approximately four weeks after the program has aired, each Training Pack includes:
- Recordings and transcripts of the presentation
- All presentation visual aids and handouts
- All ancillary reading materials suggested by our presenters
If you are ordering a Training Pack after the four week window, the download link will be sent to you immediately via email. Please check your spam folder and add firstname.lastname@example.org to your “safe list” to ensure you receive your Training Pack.
See BVR's complete list of available Training Packs from past webinars for more information.
BVR's Satisfaction Guarantee
Business Valuation Resources offers a 100% money-back guarantee on our training services. If you are not completely satisfied with your experience, or have any feedback, please contact Business Valuation Resources at 1-503-479-8200 or email@example.com.