Benchmarking Identifiable Intangibles and Their Useful Lives in Business Combinations
BVR's Special Series on Fair Value
Thursday, August 26, 2021
10:00am-11:40am PT • 1:00pm-2:40pm ET
Register to attend this event:
- Overview of key accounting guidance pertaining to the valuation of intangible assets;
- Estimation of an economic life for intangible assets is included;
- Industry-specific factors impacting the valuation and economic lives of different types of intangible assets; and
- Purchase price allocations and amortization lives for different intangibles is included.
- Restate the accounting developments impacting the accounting for intangible assets;
- List five different groups of intangible assets;
- Restate the principles underlying each valuation approach for intangible assets;
- List background information specific to different types of intangible assets and its implications for the valuation and economic life determination for intangible assets;
- Describe the differences between economic life and useful (amortization) life for intangible assets;
- List differences between economic and useful life; and
- Recognize challenges in assigning an amortization life to an intangible asset.
Multi-User CPE Policy
Admission to this program includes one CPE certificate for one individual. Any additional listeners requesting CPE must pay a processing fee assessed at the completion of the online CPE survey for this course.
CPE Processing Fees may be bypassed by entering a valid, unused CPE Authorization Code (for single event purchasers) or by logging into BVR's website (for subscribers to BVR's Training Series).
- Prerequisites: Knowledge of Business Valuation
- Program Level: Advanced
- Preparation Required: None
- Delivery Method: Group Internet-Based
- Recommended CPE: 2.0 Credit Hours (Accounting – Technical)
Business Valuation Resources is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of
continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on
the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National
Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.nasbaregistry.org.
BVR's Training Packs are an indispensable addition to any valuation reference library. Use them as training tools as many times as you'd like, wherever you are: play them at your computer at work or home, in your car, or on your personal audio device.
Delivered as an electronic download approximately four weeks after the program has aired, each Training Pack includes:
- Recordings and transcripts of the presentation
- All presentation visual aids and handouts
- All ancillary reading materials suggested by our presenters
If you are ordering a Training Pack after the four week window, the download link will be sent to you immediately via email. Please check your spam folder and add email@example.com to your “safe list” to ensure you receive your Training Pack.
See BVR's complete list of available Training Packs from past webinars for more information.
BVR's Satisfaction Guarantee
Business Valuation Resources offers a 100% money-back guarantee on our training services. If you are not completely satisfied with your experience, or have any feedback, please contact Business Valuation Resources at 1-503-479-8200 or firstname.lastname@example.org.