Embracing the Hockey Stick: Alternative Approaches to Formulating and Assessing Projections
BVR's Webinar Series
The recording and transcript for this webinar are available to subscribers:
Already a subscriber? Login
The question of projections may be one of the most challenging elements of a business or intellectual property appraisal. Most business appraisers will be placed in a position of assessing projections, including projections another appraiser provided. Join Michael Blake for an exploration of the quantitative and empirical methodologies for creating and/or validating projections. As a result of this class, you will gain exposure to potentially new tools to help make your projections more robust and to objectively assess projections others provided so that you can incorporate them into your analysis appropriately.
- When do we encounter projections?
- What is the difference between “good” and “bad” projections? How do we define “reasonable”?
- The current state of the art in developing and/or assessing projections.
- Should appraisers prepare projections on behalf of a client?
- Projections for companies with a track record.
- Projections for startups and new intellectual properties.
- Assessing projections and how to make adjustments for them.
- Key questions to ask about projections.
- Special cases: COVID-19 recovery, distress/turnaround scenarios.
- Determine when it may or may not be appropriate to develop projections on behalf of your client;
- Apply empirical/quantitative methods to develop projections for stable companies;
- Apply empirical/quantitative methods to develop projections for startups and novel intellectual properties/inventions; and
- Apply empirical/quantitative methods to test and/or critique projections that the appraiser must evaluate.
BVR's Training Packs are an indispensable addition to any valuation reference library. Use them as training tools as many times as you'd like, wherever you are: play them at your computer at work or home, in your car, or on your personal audio device.
Delivered as an electronic download approximately four weeks after the program has aired, each Training Pack includes:
- Recordings and transcripts of the presentation
- All presentation visual aids and handouts
- All ancillary reading materials suggested by our presenters
If you are ordering a Training Pack after the four week window, the download link will be sent to you immediately via email. Please check your spam folder and add email@example.com to your “safe list” to ensure you receive your Training Pack.
See BVR's complete list of available Training Packs from past webinars for more information.
BVR's Satisfaction Guarantee
Business Valuation Resources offers a 100% money-back guarantee on our training services. If you are not completely satisfied with your experience, or have any feedback, please contact Business Valuation Resources at 1-503-479-8200 or firstname.lastname@example.org.