Lost Profits vs. Lost Business
Part 4 of BVR's 2013 Online Symposium on Healthcare Valuation
Tuesday, April 2, 2013
10:00am-11:40am PT • 1:00pm-2:40pm ET
The recording and transcript for this webinar are available to subscribers:
Already a subscriber? Login
In determining whether to claim lost business or lost profits, a business sets in motion several considerations for the analysis and prosecution of its economic damages case. In this webinar, part 2 of BVR's Online Symposium on Economic Damages, expert Neil Beaton and attorney Tyler Farmer discuss the key distinctions between lost profits and lost business cases, including the analysis and calculation each implies.
- Considerations in making the claim for lost business or lost profits
- Comparison of lost profits versus the lost value of a business
- Loss recovery period
- Post-breach events
- Effect of income taxes
- Can plaintiffs recover both lost profits and lost value?
- Comparative summary of lost profits vs. lost business claims
- Learn how lost profits and lost business claims differ
- Understand why either a lost business or lost profits claim would be selected
- Learn which valuation considerations are affected by the choice of a lost profits or a lost business claim
BVR's Training Packs are an indispensable addition to any valuation reference library. Use them as training tools as many times as you'd like, wherever you are: play them at your computer at work or home, in your car, or on your personal audio device.
Delivered as an electronic download approximately four weeks after the program has aired, each Training Pack includes:
- Recordings and transcripts of the presentation
- All presentation visual aids and handouts
- All ancillary reading materials suggested by our presenters
If you are ordering a Training Pack after the four week window, the download link will be sent to you immediately via email. Please check your spam folder and add firstname.lastname@example.org to your “safe list” to ensure you receive your Training Pack.
See BVR's complete list of available Training Packs from past webinars for more information.
BVR's Satisfaction Guarantee
Business Valuation Resources offers a 100% money-back guarantee on our training services. If you are not completely satisfied with your experience, or have any feedback, please contact Business Valuation Resources at 1-503-479-8200 or email@example.com.