*Training Packs include: a complete recording and transcript with all presentation and reading materials
Please note: CPE credit is not available through Training Packs
More information is available below
Featuring (click image for more information):
Why You Should Attend:
Value creation is the study of what drives the operations of companies today. In this 75-minute program, acclaimed author Mary Adams, a highly respected intangible asset strategist, brings clarity to the changing nature of our economy and how it has led to the increased importance of intellectual property and intangible assets: in how companies look, how they work and what drives their financial performance.
Ms. Adams covers what every business valuation analyst needs to know in the increasingly knowledge-based economy in which IP and intangibles constitute 80+% of
most companies' value and sources of revenue. This program acknowledges core valuation methodologies do a good job of getting at the stand-alone value of intangibles while pointing to opportunities to improve the level of analysis of knowledge-based companies by:
- explaining why 47% of the average merger price ends up in goodwill,
- demonstrating how data on the accumulated investment of intangibles (which now exceeds tangible investment in the U.S.) tell a clear story of the creation of a new kind of knowledge infrastructure in today's company that includes intellectual property as well as a variety of intangible asset,
- making the connection between this intangible infrastructure and revenues, performance and overall corporate value, and
- suggesting how an understanding of these intangible value drivers will improve the analysis you do of both stand-alone intangible assets and overall corporate valuation.
- The Great Shift: how the rise of the knowledge era is making intangibles the dominant economic asset in our companies and our economy
- The Future Is Already Here: the data on intangibles in corporate spending, mergers and stock markets
- The Challenge for Valuation Professionals: how intangibles will change not only what you value but how you do it
- Beyond IP: what are intangibles, how are they classified, how do they fit with IP and how do they work together (and form the “knowledge factory” inside every business)
- Case Study: A "plant tour" of the knowledge factory of a software and services firm
- Measuring Intangibles: how cost, indicators and assessment are all important tools for the business valuation analyst
- Case Study: Measuring the health and performance of the knowledge factory
- Intangibles as Value Drivers: making the connection between intangibles and the valuation process
- Case Study: Corporate valuation and the knowledge factory
- Case Study: Comparison of Case A with Case B, a staffing company
- Pulling It All Together: how to do a better job with intangibles, starting now
- Learn how intangibles are becoming the dominant economic asset in our economy
- Clarify how trends in intangible assets are affecting the valuation process and what the future looks like in this field
- Understand how to measure intangibles, including how to use existing appraisal tools to measure these assets
- Learn why the valuation process now demands more attention to intangibles
BVR's Webinar Usage Policy
Purchase of admission to any of BVR's webinars grants ONE phone connection and ONE computer connection per physical location per registration. Additional unregistered phone or computer connections are a violation of BVR's Webinar Usage Policy, and BVR reserves the right to withhold CPE credits from both registered and unregistered users in violation of this policy.
Get Unlimited Access to BVR's Webinar Calendar
Get unlimited access to BVR's webinars all year long with the Training Passport™. This easy training solution provides 12 months of unparalleled access to BVR's webinars, past and future: hear from the top minds in the profession, develop your professional abilities, and earn CPE credits with ease and convenience.
Training Passport™ subscribers receive:
- Automatic registration to all qualified webinars and training events on BVR's training calendar (up to 25 per year). For each event BVR will send you dial-in instructions automatically. All you have to do is show up.
- Monthly emails highlighting what's ahead on our training calendar so you can better plan your professional development.
- Access to the Desktop Learning Center™, our multimedia library of all past BVR webinars and live events. This comprehensive database includes over 100 titles dating back to 2002 from some of the best minds in the profession.
For more information on the Training Passport™ or group discounts to single events for 5 or more people, contact BVR at firstname.lastname@example.org
CPE Credits for Unlimited Listeners
Have as many eyes and ears take advantage of your registered connections as possible:CPE credit is available for an unlimited number of listeners to any registered line. To add listeners for CPE credit, contact customer service (email@example.com or (503) 291-7963) with main registrant's name, the names of the persons to receive credit, and their email addresses. We welcome as many eyes and ears to take advantage of those connections as possible.
Prerequisites: Knowledge of Business Valuation
Program Level: Advanced
Preparation Required: None
Delivery Method: Group Internet-Based
Recommended CPE: 1.5 Credit Hours (Specialized Knowledge & Applications)
Business Valuation Resources, LLC is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.learningmarket.org.
This Business Valuation Resources course, Analysis of the Intangible Drivers of Company Value, is eligible for CLP continuing education (CE) credits for certification renewal.
Training Packs: Conference Recordings & Transcripts
BVR's Training Packs are an indispensable addition to any valuation reference library. Use them as training tools as many times as you'd like, wherever you are: play them at your computer at work or home, in your car, or on your personal audio device.
Each Training Packs includes:
- Recordings and transcripts of the presentation
- All presentation visual aides and handouts
- All ancillary reading materials suggested by our presenters
For a complete list of available Training Packs from past webinars, click here.
Attendees Receive A Free Copy of Intangible Capital: Putting Knowledge To Work in the 21st Century Organization
Intangible Capital arms companies with the understanding and practical tools to succeed in today’s innovation driven, knowledge-based economy that is increasingly dependent on the flow and use of human, relationship, structural, and strategic capital (intangible assets). The necessity to develop, manage, and value these assets has become a critical responsibility as rising percentages of company’s value, sources of revenue, and growth potential evolve directly from intangible capital. The book comes with many timely insights for using intangible capital as revenue and competitive advantage producers on an enterprise wide basis.
Author/Editor: Mary Adams and Michael Oleksak