The Uses and Abuses of Management Projections (Webinar)
Presented by Business Valuation Resources, LLC
Featuring: Stuart Weiss, CPA/ABV, Stuart Weiss CPA/ABV, and Neil Beaton, CPA/ABV, CFA, ASA, Grant Thornton
Thursday, December 4, 2008
10:00am-11:40am PT / 11:00am-12:40pm MT / 12:00pm-1:40pm CT / 1:00pm-2:40pm ET
Earn 2 CPE Credits
The convenient, interactive teleconference format allows you to train yourself and your colleagues without any travel expenses or time away from the office! The cost is just $249 for your entire office*! Purchase the On Demand Conference Pack which includes an audio recording and any ancillary reading materials or presentation slides accompanying the session. Add the On Demand Conference Pack for only $90 more when you initiate registration.The unlimited listener rate is good for a single connection with unlimited attendees. Multiple connections or phone line conferencing are subject to additional fees. An additional CLE fee of $49 per site is available for those pursuing CLE credit under the unlimited listener rate.
Why Should You Attend?
The use of management projections can significantly aid in the clarity and accuracy of any successful valuation. Accurately weighing the data provided by management and asking the right questions is an imperative part of putting projections to the test. This Teleconference contains highlights from BVR’s one-day workshop held this past August in Lake Tahoe, The Uses and Abuses of Management Projections with Neil Beaton and Jim Catty.
In addition, Neil Beaton will discuss how to use management projections to your advantage and how to work with management to procure the most realistic numbers possible for an accurate valuation.
Close to half the session will be dedicated to Neil walking through a case study with and actual set of management projections. Spreadsheets will be provided ahead of time for registrants. This exercise alone is worth the price of admission.
- Understand the standards set forth by the AICPA for management projections
- Identify weaknesses in underlying forecast assumptions
- Develop skills to define reasonably objective assumptions for use in forecasts
- Gain an understanding of factors that should be considered in developing or critiquing forecasts and their underlying assumptions
- Differences between forecasts and projections
- Involvement with management: how to ask tough questions to get the data you need
- Appropriate means of forecasting depending on the target company
- Bottom up and Top down forecasting
- Usage of benchmarks and other external data
- Best practices of spreadsheet and workflow management
- Statistical projections and the Monte Carlo method
- AICPA Standards
- Review of relevant and prescient court cases
- CASE STUDY: Working with an actual forecast
CPE Credit Information - National Registry of CPE Sponsors Statement
2 Interactive CPE Credits (Consulting Services)
BVR's Satisfaction Guarantee:
Business Valuation Resources offers a complaint resolution and refund policy with a 100% money-back guarantee. If you are not completely satisfied with your conference experience, or have any concerns or complaints, you may contact Business Valuation Resources at (503) 291-7963 ext. 102 for a satisfactory resolution of your concern or you may submit a written request for a full refund of this program to Stephanie Crader at: firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to BVR, LLC, 1000 SW Broadway, Suite 1200, Portland, OR 97205.