Highly regulated, highly fragmented, and uniquely nuanced, hospitals, as a group, can be surprisingly difficult to define. For the appraiser tasked with determining a value to any one of the nearly 6,000 hospitals in the U.S. these and other challenges can greatly impair the valuation process, throwing a defensibility of any valuation conclusion into doubt.
In part 2 of BVR's 2012 Online Symposium on Healthcare Valuation, BVR welcomes experts Don Barbo and Robert Mundy for "The Valuation of Hospitals." Through their 100 minute presentation Barbo and Mundy examine the valuation drivers, challenges, and nuances of hospitals while also examining the state of the industry and how its continued evolution will affect appraisers.
This program is eligible for self-study CPE credit
Click here for more information on self-study CPE and program eligibility by state.
- Hospital transaction & marketplace
- Potential impact of health reform on hospitals
- Challenges Facing the Hospital Industry
- Accountable Care Organizations and Hospitals
- Key value drivers
- Key financial metrics
- Identify key trends in healthcare economics, regulation, and legislation that are driving hospital values, valuations, and markets
- Define how hospital performance metrics are changing as a result of new trends in the marketplace for hospitals
- Associate hospital actions with changes to values and valuations
- Identify valuation methodologies and techniques that should be used when valuing a hospital
Prerequisites: Knowledge of Business Valuation
Program Level: Advanced
Preparation Required: None
Delivery Method: QAS Self-Study
Recommended CPE: 2 (Specialized Knowledge & Applications)
Business Valuation Resources, LLC is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.learningmarket.org.
IMPORTANT: Each Training Pack includes an MP4 video file, MP3 audio file, complete transcript, slide presentation in PDF format, and additional reading materials when available. Please note that Training Packs can take up to 4 weeks after the webinar to complete. Once available you will receive an email with a special link to download your Training Pack. If you are ordering a Training Pack after the 4 week window, the download link will be sent to you immediately via email. Please check your spam folder and add email@example.com to your "safe list" to ensure you receive your Training Pack.