Though wounded by the ".com bubble," internet-based businesses are here to stay. Combining the valuation challenges of retail businesses and professional practices (whose capital is often intangible), internet-based companies pose a tricky valuation assignment, to say the least.
In the latest installment of BVR's Industry Spotlight Series, expert Mike Pellegrino shows how to value a firm whose assets are so intangible that even its retail space doesn't physically exist.
This program is eligible for self-study CPE credit
Click here for more information on self-study CPE and program eligibility by state.
- The headlines: Internet company valuations and what they mean
- Myths of internet company valuations: Understanding the realities of operations and growth
- How Internet companies really grow
- Applying valuation approaches
- Discount rate discussions
- Testing value reasonableness
- Identify the typical growth and business operation patterns for an internet-based company
- Define the fixed and variable costs facing internet-based companies
- Associate common business appraisal methods with internet-based companies
- Identify key value metrics for internet-based companies
Prerequisites: Knowledge of Business Valuation
Program Level: Advanced
Preparation Required: None
Delivery Method: QAS Self-Study
Recommended CPE: 1.5 (Specialized Knowledge & Applications)
Business Valuation Resources, LLC is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.learningmarket.org.
IMPORTANT: Each Training Pack includes an MP4 video file, MP3 audio file, complete transcript, slide presentation in PDF format, and additional reading materials when available. Please note that Training Packs can take up to 4 weeks after the webinar to complete. Once available you will receive an email with a special link to download your Training Pack. If you are ordering a Training Pack after the 4 week window, the download link will be sent to you immediately via email. Please check your spam folder and add email@example.com to your "safe list" to ensure you receive your Training Pack.