Valuation of Technology Companies: A Fair Value Update
BVR's Special Series on Fair Value
Thursday, May 16, 2019
10:00am-11:40am PT • 1:00pm-2:40pm ET
The recording and transcript for this webinar are available to subscribers:
Already a subscriber? Login
- Overview of the software industry based on the latest data
- Definition of fair value and unit of account under ASC 820 and implications for the valuation of software companies
- Overview of key sources for the most recent guidance on valuation of software companies and insight in the context surrounding the recent activity in this area (AICPA, FASB, IVSC)
- Valuation of Software Companies – Calibration at Initial Measurement
- Practical example of how a calibration model is set up for a sample software company using a scenario-based approach.
- Identification of scenarios and inputs in the calibration model at inception
- Effect of potential dilution on the valuation
- Valuation of Software Companies – Calibration at Subsequent Measurement
- Practical example of how a calibration model can be applied to subsequent measurement
- Review of inputs, conditions under which inputs need to be updated.
- Uber: A Case Study in Deriving Intrinsic Value
- Economics of the Business Model
- DCF model
- Describe the provisions of the working draft of the AICPA Guide on the Valuation of Portfolio Investments of Venture Capital and Private Equity Funds and Other Investment Companies as they apply to investments in software companies
- Set up a calibration model based on the initial transaction price and apply calibration in subsequent measurement periods for the valuation of a software company
- Examine how software innovation is disrupting traditional industries such as transportation and apply DCF and non-GAAP metrics to the valuation of a sample company based on techniques that reflect the AICPA Guidance
BVR's Training Packs are an indispensable addition to any valuation reference library. Use them as training tools as many times as you'd like, wherever you are: play them at your computer at work or home, in your car, or on your personal audio device.
Delivered as an electronic download approximately four weeks after the program has aired, each Training Pack includes:
- Recordings and transcripts of the presentation
- All presentation visual aids and handouts
- All ancillary reading materials suggested by our presenters
If you are ordering a Training Pack after the four week window, the download link will be sent to you immediately via email. Please check your spam folder and add firstname.lastname@example.org to your “safe list” to ensure you receive your Training Pack.
See BVR's complete list of available Training Packs from past webinars for more information.
BVR's Satisfaction Guarantee
Business Valuation Resources offers a 100% money-back guarantee on our training services. If you are not completely satisfied with your experience, or have any feedback, please contact Business Valuation Resources at 1-503-479-8200 or email@example.com.